a vocalisation

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog/zion

What do you think of my vocalisation and is there anyone who wants to make it more into a song?
Last edited by hannex on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okay, the vocals are so full of reverb and buried that it's impossible to make anything out of them. Additionally, make more into a song out of what exactly? I have no idea what you're singing. The guitar is playing some arpeggios that I guess have some kind of structure. But there's not enough here to do anything with.

On its own, take off some of the reverb and bring the vocal up in the mix and you have at least a semblance of an ambient track, I guess.

The bigger problem is that the vocal is so rigid as far as structure, that there really isn't much more you can do with it. So even if you sent somebody the raw vocal wav file dry, at best, they could probably sprinkle bits and pieces of it here and there into a song structure where part of it would fit the vocal itself. But that would require a complete rewrite and a great deal of work.

Not sure of too many people who would want to undertake such a task but you could certainly ask. I personally have some ideas of what I could do with this but I just don't have the time. But essentially, I would do this.

1. First, strip off all the FX off the vocal. Make it as dry as possible.

2. Write a whole new song in the same key so that the vocal fits.

3. Use the vocal as kind of an "instrumental" hook surrounding the main song.

It could absolutely work but like I said, would require a great deal of work. Getting the BPM just right so that the vocal doesn't sound out of place is a challenge by itself.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on all of this.

I don't mind the drenched effect on the vocals, especially as you aren't trying to convey any lyrics. However, there is some really nasty sibilance and resonance issues that make it really hard to listen to.
I also don't feel the instrumentation serves the vocal; It's too pedestrian for a vocal that wants to soar :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:21 pm I don't mind the drenched effect on the vocals, especially as you aren't trying to convey any lyrics. However, there is some really nasty sibilance and resonance issues that make it really hard to listen to.
I also don't feel the instrumentation serves the vocal; It's too pedestrian for a vocal that wants to soar :tu:
That's the upside of having your hearing over 5k shot to hell. I didn't hear anything that made it hard to listen to. I'm sure a SPAN would show all the problem spots I'm not hearing.

Problem is that this is my only recording (mp3) I can get now because a nasty parallell (self/life) blocked my throat so I can't sing at all. I have to wait for a good spirit to open my throat so I can sing again and do what I love. (demonic)

So I'm bored that I can't do any music.

hannex wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:28 pm Problem is that this is my only recording (mp3) I can get now because a nasty parallell (self/life) blocked my throat so I can't sing at all. I have to wait for a good spirit to open my throat so I can sing again and do what I love. (demonic)
Yeah! I hate it when that happens. Bad parallel self! Naughty parallel self!
hannex wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:28 pmSo I'm bored that I can't do any music.
Try video games...or wanking, perhaps :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:31 pm
hannex wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:28 pm Problem is that this is my only recording (mp3) I can get now because a nasty parallell (self/life) blocked my throat so I can't sing at all. I have to wait for a good spirit to open my throat so I can sing again and do what I love. (demonic)
Yeah! I hate it when that happens. Bad parallel self! Naughty parallel self!
hannex wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:28 pmSo I'm bored that I can't do any music.
Try video games...or wanking, perhaps :tu:
Haha LOL

:hihi:

-------

Do you still have the original tracks?

No my computer was stolen so I lost everything about this recording. I was tricked that it was bad so I saved it down as a joke to listen to with exaggerated eq's all over the vocals,, that's why it sounds like this now.

hannex wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:25 pm No my computer was stolen so I lost everything about this recording. I was tricked that it was bad so I saved it down as a joke to listen to with exaggerated eq's all over the vocals,, that's why it sounds like this now.
Sorry to hear that!

https://soundcloud.com/hephaestusdog/ancient-effigy

listen to this, i call it "ancient effigy" lol it's very simple

Return to “Music Cafe”