Amplitube Preset Warning

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

True regarding presets, of course you need to tweak or even ignore. My point about the missing components still stands.

I see it from a different angle than most people seem to.

It would be IMPOSSIBLE to cater presets just to the stuff you have. So they opted for this approach and yeah, maybe they want you to spend money but I just don't see how they could have done it differently.

IK just seems to be one of these companies that are damned if they do, damned if they don't. I'm not saying I love it, but I don't know what else to do. Pretty difficult task to separate all the presets to what you have, me thinks.

Yup, you see it as IMPOSSIBLE for the Amplitube 4 category in the menu to only refer to the elements that come with Amplitube 4. And most people see it from a different angle.

This much is true.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:05 am It would be IMPOSSIBLE to cater presets just to the stuff you have. So they opted for this approach and yeah, maybe they want you to spend money but I just don't see how they could have done it differently.
As a coder, it is pretty simple to check a big list (with a list inside it) of items against a second list of items that may be inside the list inside a list. It only needs to be re-done, when a) the big list changes and b) the other list changes.

They are there so you can properly demo all the gear available. Many users prefer to use presets to demo gear, thus we have many that use various gear available across versions, a la carte, etc in the presets included in all versions of AmpliTube 4. Requests for filters or similar have been relayed to the team for consideration in future versions. Thank you.

Yeah, I get your point Peter. BUT even old GUITAR RIG which hasn't been updated in YEARS lets users KNOW when a preset in their list cannot be used due to missing components. A red dot simply appears next to unusable presets. This saves users wasted time and frustration that comes with trying to load non-usable presets. Something you might think
about. But no money there.....just goodwill towards your users so I won't hold my breath.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

As stated, the feature request has been relayed to the team. I don't see the use for snark about "no money there" etc, but I'll keep those out of the information I relay so as to keep any politicizing/polarizing aspects out of the FR. Thanks.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:05 pm They are there so you can properly demo all the gear available. Many users prefer to use presets to demo gear, thus we have many that use various gear available across versions, a la carte, etc in the presets included in all versions of AmpliTube 4. Requests for filters or similar have been relayed to the team for consideration in future versions. Thank you.
It ultimately doesn’t make sense to ignore customers whatever your internal rationale might be. I personally stopped using the presets because of this, but that affects my experience of the product and long term my willingness to purchase upgrades and what not. I don’t believe any competing products have this issue so I’m sure there must be better ways to do this. Fingers crossed.

Another pile on IK thread. Out.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:00 pm Another pile on IK thread. Out.
Seems like a thread where customers are raising legitimate complaints :tu:

I was interested in buying Amplitube some time back. The preset issues in combination with automation handling made me change my mind. Just FYI in case the devs are wondering if people care about this or not....
Some music with visuals and mixed tutorials related to game dev and sound design: https://www.youtube.com/@MetasideOfficial

But no money there.....
Sorry you find that offensive. But that statement is based on your company's own history and many well documented user frustration/complaints. For instance like my own STEALTH PEDAL which VERY quickly became an expensive doorstop. :dog:
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Return to “Instruments”