vurt {with wound} - the patron saint of plague victims (an homage)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the patron saint of plague victims

as some of you may know from the what are you listening to thread, i enjoy the works of nurse with wound, steve stapleton (plus friends on occasion).
this is an homage, in the style of, type thing.
not that hed ever hear it, but if he did, id hope hed at least think i wasn't a c**t :)

Now that was interesting! I can tell it's skillfully done.

One thing I'm thinking of is you may benefit from using longer thematic lines. That's something that tell the major classical composers apart from the minor ones. So, if I were you I'd start thinking architecture, arcs, lines, and so forth. This is admittedly more commonly found in more traditional music, but who knows? Maybe it would give a higher sense of... stability or so? (I'd need a smiley smoking a pipe here...:hihi:)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

thanks for the feedback.
its certainly something to consider, although it's done live in one take and at present, i only have so much sample space and channels. as time goes on, im hoping to add a little more of this, but i cant afford to just grab it all at once :hihi:
so hopefully over time it will naturally grow in scope and stability as the machine itself grows :D

Is the boing thing a sample or proof of your god-like sound design abilities? I like it :)

sjm wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:36 pm Is the boing thing a sample or proof of your god-like sound design abilities? I like it :)
sadly i am no god :(
sample of a jews harp :hihi:
thanks for listening 8)

vurt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm so hopefully over time it will naturally grow in scope and stability as the machine itself grows :D
The end is near! Curse thy abomination of desolation!!111 :evil: :dog: :cry: :x :borg:

Interesting soundscape as usual - I would love to hear you tackle something a bit more 'accessible' without throwing out the experimental approach altogether.

Do you score for film, or is this mainly a hobby for you?

Anyone into Dada/Improv/Surrealism/Absurdism I think would delight in hearing stuff similar to theirs yet maybe moving the thing forward or at least just providing a different aesthetic.

I've been listening to folks making somewhat similar kinds of music for around half a century now :o and it's hard not to just follow it wherever it goes...:wheee:

vurt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:28 pm sadly i am no god :(
thanks for listening 8)
Had a sneaking suspicion it might be. I got myself a jaw harp recently, but haven't given it much of a go besides trying it out a few times right after I got it.

frank1985 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:55 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 pm so hopefully over time it will naturally grow in scope and stability as the machine itself grows :D
The end is near! Curse thy abomination of desolation!!111 :evil: :dog: :cry: :x :borg:
:o don't you call my beauty an abomination!

Interesting soundscape as usual - I would love to hear you tackle something a bit more 'accessible' without throwing out the experimental approach altogether.
can you define "more accessible"?
i mean, i know what it means, but is there any particular thing youd like to hear? im happy to try anything once :)
i guess hobby is an apt word, i don't make money from it.
but its more than a pastime to eliminate boredom, its an intrinsic part of who i am :oops:

if you can get me gigs doing films, im in :tu:

thanks for listening :)

rp314 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:11 pm Anyone into Dada/Improv/Surrealism/Absurdism I think would delight in hearing stuff similar to theirs yet maybe moving the thing forward or at least just providing a different aesthetic.

I've been listening to folks making somewhat similar kinds of music for around half a century now :o and it's hard not to just follow it wherever it goes...:wheee:
indeed, lots of interesting stuff out there, people willing to push envelopes still :party: :tu:

sjm wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:11 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:28 pm sadly i am no god :(
thanks for listening 8)
Had a sneaking suspicion it might be. I got myself a jaw harp recently, but haven't given it much of a go besides trying it out a few times right after I got it.
theyre good fun, i should pick one up and put it through the full pedal chain :hihi:
one of those sounds, like the 13 floor elevators type jug sound, that ive always enjoyed. just simple and sweet :)

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:01 pm
frank1985 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:55 pm
:o don't you call my beauty an abomination!

can you define "more accessible"?
i mean, i know what it means, but is there any particular thing youd like to hear? im happy to try anything once :)
i guess hobby is an apt word, i don't make money from it.
but its more than a pastime to eliminate boredom, its an intrinsic part of who i am :oops:

if you can get me gigs doing films, im in :tu:

thanks for listening :)
accessible is the wrong word actually....I guess I was referring to something more structured and conventional sounding (relatively speaking) - for the ambient genre at least. Check out this Steve roach album - sounds like he’s using a bunch of modular gear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbjdk6-FsG4

I do like the more left of field approach though, don’t get me wrong - sometimes music is more about atmosphere and mood than strictly melody.

I don’t compose for film but I thought you might have. I’m quite new to music production but that would be my ultimate goal...to one day score for cinema ...

Very nice! I listened with my co-worker and he said it reminded him of Coil's Chaostraphy.

Thanks for sharing!

frank1985 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:30 pm
accessible is the wrong word actually....I guess I was referring to something more structured and conventional sounding (relatively speaking) - for the ambient genre at least. Check out this Steve roach album - sounds like he’s using a bunch of modular gear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbjdk6-FsG4
ah, i get you now :)
still in the same sort of area just a little more "regular". i do occasionally venture there, where ever moods take me.
I do like the more left of field approach though, don’t get me wrong - sometimes music is more about atmosphere and mood than strictly melody.
indeed, there is so much out there when it comes to sound, from intentional to purely accidental soundscapes of life, through to beats and melody and some combining everything :ud:
i love just following youtube connections and finding weird stuff id never heard of :D
I don’t compose for film but I thought you might have. I’m quite new to music production but that would be my ultimate goal...to one day score for cinema ...
well i shall wish you luck 8)
personally i don't have the drive, not to score for film, but if any film makes wanted my tracks as they are, im sure i could be persuaded :hihi:

justin3am wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:54 pm Very nice! I listened with my co-worker and he said it reminded him of Coil's Chaostraphy.

Thanks for sharing!
thanks both for listening :D
and if hes gonna drop compliment bombs like that, hes welcome any time :hihi:
coil would be up there with nww as one of my favourites :D

Return to “Music Cafe”