Cableguys Updates?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah shaperbox needs an update it feels dated and difficult to work with although I love it and use it fairly often. It's a great tool but curve shaping and preset manager need some extra love. 🤞

DrReacto wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:58 pm I've been hoping for updates to shaperbox.
Has anybody else had issues with shaperbox on Windows Cubase?
It is constantly in the blacklist sometimes crashing Cubase on project load if shaperbox is in use.
I have Cubase 10 and use Shaperbox in every session. It's never been blacklisted or caused a crash. I only install the VST 3 versions of plugins, unless there isn't 1.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mcnelson wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:35 am Why not ask them directly?
contact@cableguys.com
I've written them a couple times asking questions regarding updates/making suggestions.

Total silence.

What can I say? I emailed them and pointed them to this thread, and they responded to me and the thread pretty quickly, and on a Sunday.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Tappistry wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:37 pm
contact@cableguys.com
I've written them a couple times asking questions regarding updates/making suggestions.

Total silence.
Oh our support was not very responsive at the end of last year and in the first months of this year - we answered all "critical" questions, such as on purchase issues and problems, but for the rest we failed more often than we would have liked to. Which I am sorry for.

The reason for this is that our main support person had to pause working for us on very short notice, for unforeseeable personal reasons, and I did not handle this well and did not expand the team immediately. We hope to see him back at some point soon. But in the meanwhile we've now expanded our support team. So I hope the situation has changed now and that future experience is as good as it should be.

Any word on updates for released plugs?

dandezebra wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:24 pm Any word on updates for released plugs?
We did work a lot on ShaperBox - expect new things for that one some time soon. Regarding Curve 2, FilterShaper 3, etc we also improved a lot of things, but have no ETA yet.

mitchiemasha wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:19 am
DrReacto wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:58 pm I've been hoping for updates to shaperbox.
It is constantly in the blacklist sometimes crashing Cubase on project load if shaperbox is in use.
I have Cubase 10 and use Shaperbox in every session. It's never been blacklisted or caused a crash. I only install the VST 3 versions of plugins, unless there isn't 1.
MItchimasha,
Thanks for sharing that shaperbox is working fine in your environment. I know another user that is also having issues in Cubase though. I wasn't aware of a vst3 for shaperbox so I''ll check the installer again.

DrReacto wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:58 am
MItchimasha,
Thanks for sharing that shaperbox is working fine in your environment. I know another user that is also having issues in Cubase though. I wasn't aware of a vst3 for shaperbox so I''ll check the installer again.
There's no VST3 version.

Does anyone know if the Cableguys bundles ever go on sale? I understand that they're already discounted as a bundle... just wondering if those ever get an additional discount?

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:09 pm
Tappistry wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:37 pm
contact@cableguys.com

Total silence.
Oh our support was not very responsive at the end of last year and in the first months of this year - we answered all "critical" questions, such as on purchase issues and problems, but for the rest we failed more often than we would have liked to. Which I am sorry for.

The reason for this is that our main support person had to pause working for us on very short notice, for unforeseeable personal reasons, and I did not handle this well and did not expand the team immediately. We hope to see him back at some point soon. But in the meanwhile we've now expanded our support team. So I hope the situation has changed now and that future experience is as good as it should be.
Hopefully your support person who had to leave suddenly is doing ok and is in good health.

Glad to hear you're building your team back up.

Tappistry wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:46 amHopefully your support person who had to leave suddenly is doing ok and is in good health.

Glad to hear you're building your team back up.
Oh thanks a lot! It was not for health reasons, but for some actually very good sudden personal reasons.. well good for him, bad for Cableguys at that time, but he was able to take a personal good chance.

psynical wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:16 pm Does anyone know if the Cableguys bundles ever go on sale? I understand that they're already discounted as a bundle... just wondering if those ever get an additional discount?
Thanks for your interest in it!

We almost never do sales. I think that whole 80% off-kind-of thing that some companies do a lot just shows that their actual prices are, well, chosen differently to what we like to do. I hope that our normal prices are fair; doing sales also takes away our focus on development.

In the past we mostly had 1 sale per year, and we like to do 20-30% off. There is no sale on the Cableguys Bundle planned at this point - I actually doubt that we do one for Christmas or Black Friday this year, but don't take my word for it, it's not decided yet.

Regarding Cubase crashes: Could you send some more info to our support at contact@cableguys.com ?

That'd be great! So Cubase version, your OS version, and - if availabe - the minimal steps that it needs to reproduce the crash. S if it crashes on project load, would you mind sending us the project? Maybe with all clips, notes and audio files deleted.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”