PA is flooding the subscription model market...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JJ_Jettflow wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:30 am
soulone82 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:04 am
jochicago wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:31 pmthe sport Americans call Foot Ball, which consists of people using their hands...
Makes sense.

:help:
LeVzi wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:17 amthis subscription thing is definitely the future
Not if no one signs up. Vote with your wallets, guys!

Unfortunately there are a lot of stupid people out there who fall for their marketing hype.
Why do you really feel it is necessary to insult people because they choose an option that is better suited to them? You are so much smarter because you shell hundreds of dollars for software that depreciates by about half the minute you register it?
I´ve stopped buying plugins 1-2 years ago and invested in hardware.

Couldn´t be happier!

8)

soulone82 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:40 pm
JJ_Jettflow wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:30 am
soulone82 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:04 am
jochicago wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:31 pmthe sport Americans call Foot Ball, which consists of people using their hands...
Makes sense.

:help:
LeVzi wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:17 amthis subscription thing is definitely the future
Not if no one signs up. Vote with your wallets, guys!

Unfortunately there are a lot of stupid people out there who fall for their marketing hype.
Why do you really feel it is necessary to insult people because they choose an option that is better suited to them? You are so much smarter because you shell hundreds of dollars for software that depreciates by about half the minute you register it?
I´ve stopped buying plugins 1-2 years ago and invested in hardware.

Couldn´t be happier!

8)
Regardless, why do you feel the need to insult and denigrate others for their choice? If you no longer buy software, why should it matter to you what other people choose to do? Why should it bother you if PA or any other company offers subscriptions if you no longer purchase software?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:21 pm
dionenoid wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:08 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:24 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:22 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:12 pmyoure weird.
And you are not? :lol:
No, he‘s vurt.
If Vurt is weird, is someone who's weird a Vurt ?
vurt's a one off ...

cloning may change that now china are allowing human cloning :band:
an army of me!

:scared:

Where would you get all that chronic? :shrug:

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 pm Where would you get all that chronic? :shrug:
you raise a very good point.
better call my clone company and stop it before theres too many of me :o

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:53 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:21 pm
dionenoid wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:08 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:24 pm
reggie1979 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:22 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:12 pmyoure weird.
And you are not? :lol:
No, he‘s vurt.
If Vurt is weird, is someone who's weird a Vurt ?
vurt's a one off ...

an army of me!
You should be more careful who you share your DNA with :hihi:

why start now? :lol:

I looked to see if this was reported here or elsewhere but no sign, so... looks like PA is now using dynamic discounts on license transfers. From the license trasfer page in my account:
After you transfer any licenses, the person you transferred them to will have to pay a transfer fee of $20 per plugin before they can activate them. Dynamic Discounts will apply, so the buyer will save up to 60% when activating several transferred licenses at once. If you activate 6 plugins or more the fee goes down to $8 per plugin this way.

For reference, the transfer fee for ilok licenses is $25 per plugin, and no discounts are available for that system.

We will apply the same stepped discount for activation fees that we apply to plugin purchases, so you'll save 20% on 2 activations, 30% on3, 40% on 4, 50% on 5, and 60% on activations of 6 or more plugins.

Also, you can pay license activation fees with loyalty voucher codes if you have some!

You can now transfer as many licenses in one transaction as you want, and you can initiate as many transactions per month as you want. You cannot transfer inactive licenses or free licenses.

an army of me!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Like some people have already said here,we have a choice..

Just because a company decides to embark on a particular policy,we don't need to be a part of it...

If you don't like the subscription model,don't subscribe....

It's that simple :!:

The company will get the message soon enough...

We can't allow them to try and control us like milking cows just because they have a bright idea of how to make more money...

If we are on a subscription and that subscription needs an internet connection for validity,then what happens when we decide to stop our subscription ?

I would say that we would be completely and utterly funked :help:

I don't need any PA plugins and I don't like subscription models,so I'm not signing up for their silly BS :wink:
No auto tune...

bmanic wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:35 pm
an army of me!
im glad at least one person around here has the good taste to recognise a bjork reference 8)

F7EF6D9E-E3EF-46BC-B0A2-E2E9C1824F34.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@digitalboytn, I totally agree with your post. Just one supplement:
digitalboytn wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:54 pm Like some people have already said here,we have a choice..
We have a choice ... so far! The more people are accepting subscription models, the more likely it is to see the buying models disappear. Then there will be no choice anymore and will we be left under ever increasing control of the vendor software service provider.

By accepting a subscription model the client therefore has a certain impact on the community as a whole.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Return to “Effects”