Free: SQ8ROM

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool, thanks!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Turello wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:16 pm Please do it 32 bit too!!! :'(
+1

No need to make a 32-bit version; just grab any 32-bit maize sampler instrument and rename the dll.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

thank you SampleScience ... very generous :)

Are people honestly asking for a 32-bit version of a 64-bit ROMpler that sampled a 32-bit softsynth?

You can download the actual synth in its 32-bit glory here: http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/index.html#sq8l

yellowmix wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:05 am Are people honestly asking for a 32-bit version of a 64-bit ROMpler that sampled a 32-bit softsynth?

You can download the actual synth in its 32-bit glory here: http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/index.html#sq8l
Yup, people are. I already have SQ8L and I'd like this one in 32 bit too. Is that an issue for you? The dev can certainly say "nope", but I see no problem with asking. :shrug:

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:24 am Yup, people are. I already have SQ8L and I'd like this one in 32 bit too. Is that an issue for you? The dev can certainly say "nope", but I see no problem with asking. :shrug:
The dev answered on page one. So yes, it is cluttering the thread.

yellowmix wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:34 am
Russell Grand wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:24 am Yup, people are. I already have SQ8L and I'd like this one in 32 bit too. Is that an issue for you? The dev can certainly say "nope", but I see no problem with asking. :shrug:
The dev answered on page one. So yes, it is cluttering the thread.
:roll: My +1 didn't clutter anything. But it's correct that this back-and-forth with you is adding nothing of value to this thread.

Anyway, this is a nice plug! Good job, SampleScience. I use a lot of your free VSTis and I have a couple of your commercial BOC synths on my to-get list. I love that there's a dev out there that loves Boards of Canada as much as I do, and who offers high quality tools to help us musicians get that sound quickly and easily. Thank you! :tu:

I've asked about the Maize plugin, not other, no force... A lot of people involved in composition/sound designed/songwriting etc, still use 32 bit DAWs/plugins because have more choose than 64 bit (me myself works with two machines 64 bit but only with 32 bit software, I've tried to compare 32/64 bit exported files with RME converters and the only difference I notice is that with 32 bit software on 64 bit machine my PCs works more lightly) and probably, with this way, this same people don't do donations or buy but this is not my business...
Your software, your rules (I don't want to start a polemic)...
By the way, thanks for the kindly answer and have a nice day... ^_^

Has anyone tried building a Halion (Sonic/SE) instrument based on the SQ-80? Presumably using the default Halion filters and envelopes would impart some sonic difference, but it would still be a cool idea and I'm pretty sure Halion would allow pretty much everything that the original architecture is capable of. Plus, the sample library would be tiny!

Jafo wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:09 pm
SampleScience wrote: I split the sounds into 3 parts, the first part comes with the plugin itself (50 sounds, around 1 GB), and the rest is split between two expansion packs at 1 GB each (compressed, uncompressed it's a little more than that).
Turello wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:16 pm Please do it 32 bit too!!! :'(
Really? Why not use the real SQ8L then???
I guess you answered your own question.
What do you mean? THe SQ8L is a 32-bit VST too. Unless you mean the guy is doing a joke. Then, if it's the case, it's a really boring one.

Edit: Ok, I've read the rest of the thread and I see people seriously want a 32-bit VST version for this, so I'll do it. It should be up in a dozen hours or so.

Really thankfull... :clap: :hug:

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:24 am
yellowmix wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:05 am Are people honestly asking for a 32-bit version of a 64-bit ROMpler that sampled a 32-bit softsynth?

Yup, people are. I already have SQ8L and I'd like this one in 32 bit too.
Why though? SQ8L can do everything this can do, and you even have full access to the parameters. :)

Turello wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:58 pm Really thankfull... :clap: :hug:
You're welcome! It's now online: https://www.samplescience.ca/p/sq8rom-d ... -page.html
Turello wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:58 pm Why though? SQ8L can do everything this can do, and you even have full access to the parameters.
That's the reasoning I had, but I noticed some very weird bugs in FL Studio 20 under Windows 10. SQ8L would crash upon the first load and I had to reload the plugin to make it work. So maybe people are getting weird bugs in their setup too. It wouldn't be surprising since the plugin has been updated 11 years ago.

Omkar wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:48 pm On my wishlist (unless I miss something):
the expansions can be opened per folder (in total).
Nevermind, got the structure wrong.
It`s just to move them into the main folder, kindly consecutively numbered already :tu: .
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Return to “Instruments”