Cableguys Updates?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vortifex wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:24 am I use it a lot too, and sometimes the way it draws the curves seems to defy all logic. Move a point a bit to the left or right and suddenly it all flips into a giant squiggle.
That's when you move the point's x position over another point, I guess, so the order of points changed.

I work a lot with shaperbox as it´s the best out there imho...

My only real wish: ...is a scalable interface repectively a bigger one (while I would prefer the scalable one :) )...

Little wishes would be perhaps (not little to do but little in terms of "would be nice but isn´t crucial"):
- more exotic filters (compared to LFO tool the choice is a bit basic...)
- to be able to save a default preset
- to be able to use a shaper more than once in one box...
EDIT: - one more came to my mind: a distortion shaper!! 8)

Other than that I rate it nearly perfect!!
Very very good presets (and tons of them!!), complete multiband (one of the strongest points the others miss imho... well done Jakob!!!), superduper stable on my system... never had a single crash in any DAW, just fun to work with... easy to convert ideas into sound, flexible system, very good oscilloscope (everything is visualized!!)... and much more... well spent money and a no-brainer for what it delivers!

Should Shaper Box have a pitch module, or is the time module covering that aspect?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

psynical wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:16 pm Does anyone know if the Cableguys bundles ever go on sale? I understand that they're already discounted as a bundle... just wondering if those ever get an additional discount?
Yes they do. I bought the bundle on sale.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Considering they're juuust about to release something, i wonder if it's better to wait to pick up the bundle?

Also, if i purchase the Shaper Box, is the upgrade to the Bundle just the difference between the two?

psynical wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:26 am Also, if i purchase the Shaper Box, is the upgrade to the Bundle just the difference between the two?
Afaik they always charge only the difference...

I've been trialling midishaper in cubase and it's pretty great. Really fills some gaps in that program. One feature I'd like implemented is to be able to automate or modulate the values inside the mod matrix.

Trancit wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:49 am
psynical wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:26 am Also, if i purchase the Shaper Box, is the upgrade to the Bundle just the difference between the two?
Afaik they always charge only the difference...
Actually it's a bit more than the difference, but not much.

zoidkirb wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:11 am I've been trialling midishaper in cubase and it's pretty great. Really fills some gaps in that program. One feature I'd like implemented is to be able to automate or modulate the values inside the mod matrix.
Glad you like MidiShaper! And thanks for your feature suggestion.. it's actually already there, all matrix values can be automated via your DAW.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:40 am
zoidkirb wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:11 am I've been trialling midishaper in cubase and it's pretty great. Really fills some gaps in that program. One feature I'd like implemented is to be able to automate or modulate the values inside the mod matrix.
Glad you like MidiShaper! And thanks for your feature suggestion.. it's actually already there, all matrix values can be automated via your DAW.
Of course! I enabled automation write and jiggled the mod values and then clicked 'show used automation' and the required lane showed itself. I've been away from cubase for a while and tried to right click the mod value and 'show automation lane' popup that you sometimes find in vst's in cubase. This kinda nonsense in cubase is why we need midishaper in the first place :)

A bit dissappointed the GUI size still isn't scalable. The new GUI image (KVR news image) gave the impression that the GUI had become bigger. If it's not vector based then at least do a 150% version of the GUI, please!
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Oh the GUI is 200% on Retina (where we took the screenshot), but yes, it's not freely scalable. Most graphics are vectors or software-rendered, some are not.. but anyway, definitely something we have in the planning.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:40 am Oh the GUI is 200% on Retina (where we took the screenshot), but yes, it's not freely scalable. Most graphics are vectors or software-rendered, some are not.. but anyway, definitely something we have in the planning.
Yes, just read in another thread here, that it's Retina based. But cant this resizing just be triggered without a Retina display? My monitor resolution is big enough for a factor 2 size GUI.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

twolegstoneworks wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:44 am Yes, just read in another thread here, that it's Retina based. But cant this resizing just be triggered without a Retina display? My monitor resolution is big enough for a factor 2 size GUI.
Interesting request! Yes indeed, a 2x factor could be coded easily.. was not aware that anyone with non-Retina might make use of it, but yes..

Flexible resizings or also 150% are more work. Easy if we do not care about blurry or a little misplaced lines, but we do care.. anyway, seems to be top request and we're listening..

Return to “Effects”