pedal boards

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:48 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:38 pm and fruity flangus sounds like a condition of a lady garden :scared:

sounds like a dessert from Lidl :hihi:
:lol:

Leave Lidl alone! I just had a really yummy Lidl veggie burger! :x

:lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

It reminds me of the Bill Bailey sketch about a catastrophic pedal failure at a U2 gig...

"yummy veggie burger"
and you wont believe in magick but you expect me to believe that such a thing as you say exists? :o

Forgotten wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 pm It reminds me of the Bill Bailey sketch about a catastrophic pedal failure at a U2 gig...
:hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:47 pm "yummy veggie burger"
and you wont believe in magick but you expect me to believe that such a thing as you say exists? :o
It's the 'Lidl' in front of it that actually makes it unbelievable. :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

never been to lidl.
did aldi once on a beer run for a party, pain to get to for normal shopping though, it's on a roundabout on the busiest road in town :hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:46 pm It reminds me of the Bill Bailey sketch about a catastrophic pedal failure at a U2 gig...

twinkle twinkle little star :lol:

AnX wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:06 pm thats loads of boards grouped together, not one board.
Agreed.

well you need to take it up with guinness, the record people not the drink side of it.

Dear Mr Guinness,

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:43 pm well you need to take it up with guinness, the record people not the drink side of it.
Oh, I'd love to have a conversation the the drink family part. I take mine cold (runs! )

vurt wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:10 pm but it's all one chain.
tbh im not sure any manufacturers make one that big, and how would you transport it?
There are various walkthrough tour on YT for artists like John Mayer, Petrucci, Brian May etc.

Wild amount of rack units filled with shelves of pedals having a type of programmable floor board that allow any combination and any order of all that is connected.

Real interesting.

Like The Gig Rig that at least do 10 pedals(around $1000):
https://www.thegigrig.com/pedalboards

The crucial part is having one that do true bypass - not like the fake ones Boss do or most competitors.

To have one preset that do completely different order of pedals and swap with a foot stomp - then you can experiment a lot.

More affordable are Decibel11 that do 4 pedals - any order each preset(about $400):
https://decibel11.com/products_pedal_palette.aspx

lfm wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:21 am
vurt wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:10 pm but it's all one chain.
tbh im not sure any manufacturers make one that big, and how would you transport it?
There are various walkthrough tour on YT for artists like John Mayer, Petrucci, Brian May etc.

Wild amount of rack units filled with shelves of pedals having a type of programmable floor board that allow any combination and any order of all that is connected.

Real interesting.

Like The Gig Rig that at least do 10 pedals(around $1000):
https://www.thegigrig.com/pedalboards

The crucial part is having one that do true bypass - not like the fake ones Boss do or most competitors.

To have one preset that do completely different order of pedals and swap with a foot stomp - then you can experiment a lot.

More affordable are Decibel11 that do 4 pedals - any order each preset(about $400):
https://decibel11.com/products_pedal_palette.aspx
not sure gig rig do a model big enough sadly.

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:57 pm not sure gig rig do a model big enough sadly.
Stuff mentioned is within reach for us mortals - these giant artists have custom build and pricetags out of reach for most of us. And probably midi driven board you have on stage and no pedals in sight, kind of. And most probably rack units too in there.

I like the ability to swap order for experimental purposes, like having a synth lab or similar to get various effects and sounds. Like when I spend a day just making synths sounds, I spend time experimenting with guitar sounds as well.

But so far used multiple delay pedals instead, one early and one late to fiddle around a bit. But you soon come up to Decibel11 Pedal Palette in price - two doubled pedals is enough - and freedom to combine in many ways - saved as presets easy to access.

The ones not allowing swap of order are much cheaper and can often be cascaded to wider use. And each bypass loop can also have multiple pedals that you often combine in the same way.

But a single pedal can do many things, like Elektron Analog Drive which has 100 presets with 8 different analog distortion circuits then also parametric mid EQ to squeeze various parts. Easy to recall many type of sounds and combine with rest of pedal board. Also has midi, if controlling it all over midi.

Not every pedal needs to be in bypass looper either, those that benefit from combining the most in looper, and some outside.

Return to “Guitars”