new Reason plug in Users on v11 are in for a treat with combinators

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:10 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:04 pm
mholloway wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:14 pm
Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:44 pm for example if you have a synth you can save a preset , but
in reason you can save a
preset with all effects inbedded inside it like we reason users can now
what other daw can you do that in ?
Ableton Live. 'Racks'. Since like, version 4 or something?
Ableton Live Racks have been much more powerful than Reason's combinator since they first arrived, yeah in V4 or something. And now Bitwig Racks are even better.
Give me a break 😂 go demo the program and ill demo yours
I was a Reason user way before I used Ableton Live and Logic (now I use Bitwig), so I know the combinators are useful. But Live Racks were always a much more powerful take on the idea I thought. And now Bitwig racks kinda kill everything because of not just embedding effects and layered instruments but also things like modulators and endless macros etc.)

Yep Echoes is correct. Bitwig's system outdoes Reason on multiple levels.

If Bitwig racks existed and could be hosted inside Cubase or another DAW (as Reason Rack can and does) I'd be inclined to concede the point as it is is modular by design. But Bitwig doesn't exist as a plugin. You could however, run Reason Rack in Bitwig and for me that is the point.

Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:44 pm for example if you have a synth you can save a preset , but
in reason you can save a

heres one that I made like this ( you need tal uno lx and reason )

Tofu2019 -Emo Keys .rar
Patcher in FL Studio and it is modular :tu:

Scotty wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:20 pm If Bitwig racks existed and could be hosted inside Cubase or another DAW (as Reason Rack can and does) I'd be inclined to concede the point as it is is modular by design. But Bitwig doesn't exist as a plugin. You could however, run Reason Rack in Bitwig and for me that is the point.
Sure, but the question was about what other DAW can do that. And the answer is most.
As for what other plugins can that, well there are certainly quite a few of those too - Stuff like New Sonic Arts Freestyle, Plogue Bidule, Kore was the best (RIP), etc. But yeah I'm sure it's great to have your presets from Reason itself be able to be opened as a plugin in another DAW. That's gotta be great for people that use Reason and other DAWs.

I don't agree that most daws can do what reason does... Bitwig yes... Cubase, Logic, Performerer not so much. it is not near the same workflow or experience. Try flipping over a vst in one of those and modulating anything with anything. You can win the argument with semantics perhaps but an honest exploration of features and the OP is mostly correct.

Ugh, this post hurts my brain in so many ways. First, there's not going to be any VST only Reason users. Reason is not releasing a VST plugin which gives you access to their entire library. This is for users who own Reason and want to use their racks in another DAW. Second, Combinators already exist in R10 so what the hell difference would it make to V11 users whether new or not?

Lastly, what the f**k are you babbling about with:

>in reason you can save a preset with all effects inbedded inside it like we reason users can now
>what other daw can you do that in

Like, for starters, Bitwig and Ableton?

How high were you when you made this post?

So wait, did they add the ability to load 3rd party vsts within the Reason Rack plugin?

The OP mentions using Tal Uno LX so I am confused.

psynical wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:41 am Ugh, this post hurts my brain in so many ways. First, there's not going to be any VST only Reason users. Reason is not releasing a VST plugin which gives you access to their entire library. This is for users who own Reason and want to use their racks in another DAW. Second, Combinators already exist in R10 so what the hell difference would it make to V11 users whether new or not?

>in reason you can save a preset with all effects inbedded inside it like we reason users can now

They are releasing a vst plug in that allows you to use it inside other daws yes it comes with the program , but in
Future i recon it will be standalone , you can bang on all you like but none of these daws do it the same way with the ease and fun of reason its not the same , so whatever man have fun chatting about it , no it doesn’t support vst plugins yet but this is version 1 give it time youll demo it when its released for now ill bow out

Tofu2019 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 am They are releasing a vst plug in that allows you to use it inside other daws yes it comes with the program , but in
Future i recon it will be standalone , you can bang on all you like but none of these daws do it the same way with the ease and fun of reason its not the same , so whatever man have fun chatting about it , no it doesn’t support vst plugins yet but this is version 1 give it time youll demo it when its released for now ill bow out
Bro, your speculation is about as wrong as your original post. Reason is not going to be selling their entire app as only a VST anytime soon. Why would they?

And yes, i've been using the beta for a while now, in both Ableton and Bitwig. There's nothing Reason can do which can't also be done in either of those. In fact, both Ableton and Bitwig go way beyond Reason in regards to chains, layering and modulation.

Whatever you're smoking, you should consider quitting.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:21 pm
Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:10 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:04 pm
mholloway wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:14 pm
in reason you can save a
Ableton Live. 'Racks'. Since like, version 4 or something?
Ableton Live Racks have been much more powerful than Reason's combinator since they first arrived, yeah in V4 or something. And now Bitwig Racks are even better.
Give me a break 😂 go demo the program and ill demo yours
I was a Reason user way before I used Ableton Live and Logic (now I use Bitwig), so I know the combinators are useful. But Live Racks were always a much more powerful take on the idea I thought. And now Bitwig racks kinda kill everything because of not just embedding effects and layered instruments but also things like modulators and endless macros etc.)
What stops you putting modulators and macro commands inside Reason combinators? Thats what the rack extension shop is for, there are all sorts of niche modular tools for the real geeks.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Tofu2019 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:44 pm what other daw can you do that in ?
Bitwig, to name just one.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

psynical wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:41 am Ugh, this post hurts my brain in so many ways. First, there's not going to be any VST only Reason users. Reason is not releasing a VST plugin which gives you access to their entire library. This is for users who own Reason and want to use their racks in another DAW. Second, Combinators already exist in R10 so what the hell difference would it make to V11 users whether new or not?

:tu:
Local Man wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:42 am So wait, did they add the ability to load 3rd party vsts within the Reason Rack plugin?

The OP mentions using Tal Uno LX so I am confused.
It's not there now and probably won't happen in the future.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

in reason you can save a

heres one that I made like this ( you need tal uno lx and reason )

Tofu2019 -Emo Keys .rar
You can do that in Fl studio with Patcher. And its kind of same (and better actually) as combinator. And yes i have used combinator in Reason but over 10 years ago.

psynical wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:36 am
Tofu2019 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 am They are releasing a vst plug in that allows you to use it inside other daws yes it comes with the program , but in
Bro, your speculation is about as wrong as your original post. Reason is not going to be selling their entire app as only a VST anytime soon. Why would they?

And yes, i've been using the beta for a while now, in both Ableton and Bitwig. There's nothing Reason can do which can't also be done in either of those. In fact, both Ableton and Bitwig go way beyond Reason in regards to chains, layering and modulation.

Whatever you're smoking, you should consider quitting.
Not the entire app you doughnut just the rack and synths your not getting the daw in the plugin

Return to “Instruments”