So..you're selling your plugins. Why ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:07 pmI only sell what I don't use anymore or otherwise can't justify not selling them. This is usually because of redundancy.
What about the things you made with it? Do they just get archived and never worked on again? That's kind of sad, don't you think? I could never imagine selling any licenses for anything I actually used because you never know when you might want to play that song again. In fact, the one and only license I've ever sold was for ReFX's Junox and I only did that because someone was desperately looking for it after it had been discontinued and I had replaced it in with something better in the few songs where I had used it. 4 albums later I'd be terrified to get rid of anything because I can't possibly recall everything I've used any more.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I never sell the software I buy, but if i had avenger some years ago and were part of the disgusting turn around with the new copy protection they are about to implement, I would seriously consider to sell it and never ever support such company, I feel sorry for some of the people that weren't even aware about this move when they got avenger.

I think that these days people need awareness about the meaning of things and the very bad repercussions some apparently "inoffensive" moves can cause; the same as subscription models or software that only will work as long as the company is there (like "license managers", C/R, only tied to machines keys, serials, code and more) = Depency = you don't have product.

So it doesn't matter if you save the product in your external hard drive or memory; the company or developer is not there in 3, 5, 10, 20, 30 years? The software you paid for will not work neither.

This is pretty bad and the important reason of my choice before purchase of more user friendly mechanism (non-dependent although with support to the company or developer I'm buying from) key files, serial, code based software. I don't want and will not complicate my life.

With all respect to all.

Across 16 years with VST plugins I've bought a lot of stuff. I regret very little, but there's a lot of it I just don't use anymore.

In 2016 I got back into hardware synths. I use a minimal number of voices in each song. My need for software synths to fill in a few gaps or add support or variety is pretty small.

I just switched to a new computer, new DAW, fresh start. From my plugin archive folder, I installed about 40 out of 190 items. From NI Service Center I installed only 5 out of 76 items. Might as well sell!

I don't play live, and I burn my bridges after recording. I commit to those recordings. I use modular and I unpatch it all once I've got a good take. In fact, I no longer even own 8 of the Eurorack modules I used on the album I released less than a month ago.

So, hell yeah, sell stuff.

I mostly seel when I am no longer using them, over the years I have also become much more selective with my purchases avoiding brands that loose a lot of value in the second hand market.

I also cut down in a lot of plugins to use mainly DAW included stuff.
dedication to flying

In the olden days over at slutz, you could get back something reasonable for plugs. Now people low ball so badly it's almost not worth it anymore.

toonertik wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:46 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:31 pm

That should be ... "Am lornin' t'speak Geordie like. Am not a neetive speaka but a try t' practiss wheneva a can like"
Oh my...
Nailed it...
I can hear that so clearly... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:tu: I'm a true Geordie ... born within a mile o' the Tyne.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:31 pm "Am lornin' t'speak Geordie like. Am not a neetive speaka but a try t' practiss wheneva a can like"
Looks exactly like the content of speech bubbles for Sid the Sexist in Viz... :hihi:

Return to “Effects”