Painfully (and deliberately) Synthwave!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PS hmmm even PW now sounds harsh to me. Guess it's one of those days.

It's already been said but I'll echo that the mix is nice and clear.

I would have maybe dirtied up the synth that comes in around 0:10. It works when it gets introduced but then it does get a little buried around 0:50 as new sounds are introduced.

That snare could also be bigger with some nice gated reverb. Maybe the kick could punch a little harder too but the snare stands out as needing more treatment. Direct drums like this respond really well to parallel distortion to emphasise their character and help them sit in the mix.

Nice sound design. :)

Unaspected wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:12 am It's already been said but I'll echo that the mix is nice and clear.

I would have maybe dirtied up the synth that comes in around 0:10. It works when it gets introduced but then it does get a little buried around 0:50 as new sounds are introduced.

That snare could also be bigger with some nice gated reverb. Maybe the kick could punch a little harder too but the snare stands out as needing more treatment. Direct drums like this respond really well to parallel distortion to emphasise their character and help them sit in the mix.

Thanks for that.

I was restricted by NOT processing sound too much, and all the FX you hear are from the synth itself. I think there has to be a balance between leaving sounds as they were programmed and 'nudging' them into place.

However, I agree with everything you said. I cheated on the gated snare verb by just using 'that' Valhalla preset :tu:

tehlord wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:20 am
Unaspected wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:12 am It's already been said but I'll echo that the mix is nice and clear.

Thanks for that.

I was restricted by NOT processing sound too much, and all the FX you hear are from the synth itself. I think there has to be a balance between leaving sounds as they were programmed and 'nudging' them into place.

However, I agree with everything you said. I cheated on the gated snare verb by just using 'that' Valhalla preset :tu:
Understandable. It's a great sounding demo for your soundbank. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”