Tofu2019
KVRist
70 posts since 12 Sep, 2019

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:00 am

antic604 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:08 am
psynical wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:41 pm
Ugh, this post hurts my brain in so many ways. First, there's not going to be any VST only Reason users. Reason is not releasing a VST plugin which gives you access to their entire library. This is for users who own Reason and want to use their racks in another DAW. Second, Combinators already exist in R10 so what the hell difference would it make to V11 users whether new or not?

Lastly, what the f**k are you babbling about with:

>in reason you can save a preset with all effects inbedded inside it like we reason users can now
>what other daw can you do that in

Like, for starters, Bitwig and Ableton?

How high were you when you made this post?
:tu:
Local Man wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:42 pm
So wait, did they add the ability to load 3rd party vsts within the Reason Rack plugin?

The OP mentions using Tal Uno LX so I am confused.
It's not there now and probably won't happen in the future.
For someone who uses reason your extremely bitchy about it all over the internet , ( i know your the same guy on the forums your pic )ok so i want to try for myself as someone who is more of singer songwriter i want to see if bitwigs or abletons is as user friendly and easy on the eye and as good as reasons i severely doubt it is but id eat humble pie if it is , ill try it later peace

antic604
KVRAF
2837 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Re: new Reason plug in Users on v11 are in for a treat with combinators

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:31 am

Tofu2019 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:00 am
For someone who uses reason your extremely bitchy about it all over the internet , ( i know your the same guy on the forums your pic )ok so i want to try for myself as someone who is more of singer songwriter i want to see if bitwigs or abletons is as user friendly and easy on the eye and as good as reasons i severely doubt it is but id eat humble pie if it is , ill try it later peace
I'm nothing if consistent. About all DAWs I have :)

And I never claimed Bitwig is more user friendly for singer songwriter, in particular because it doesn't have comping or Melodyne-like pitch edit. I was just commenting on how nonsensical your opening post was - you can't use VSTs within Reason Rack VST and many other DAWs have long surpassed Combinator's features. Don't read more into it than what I said.
Bitwig 3 // Reason 10 // Studio One 4 Pro @ Lenovo Y730 15'' i7-8750h
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - Psytrance in Bitwig Studio tutorial

Tofu2019
KVRist

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:47 am

antic604 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:31 am
Tofu2019 wrote:

And I never claimed Bitwig is more user friendly for singer songwriter, in particular because it doesn't have comping or Melodyne-like pitch edit. I was just commenting on how nonsensical your opening post was - you can't use VSTs within Reason Rack VST and many other DAWs have long surpassed Combinator's features. Don't read more into it than what I said.
I hold my hands up about the vst thing ill even edit it now ( it could happen in future though and more than likely will ) but
I don't believe about the other daws have a better combinator/rack system than reason I will have to try for myself :-)

EvilDragon
KVRAF
18683 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:56 am

Tofu2019 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:47 am
( it could happen in future though and more than likely will )
Actually it's more likely that it will not happen, read this post by one of Props guys:

viewtopic.php?p=7500632#p7500632

vurt
addled muppet weed
51852 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:13 am

Tofu2019 wrote:
antic604 wrote:
Tofu2019 wrote:

I hold my hands up about the vst thing ill even edit it now ( it could happen in future though and more than likely will ) but
I don't believe about the other daws have a better combinator/rack system than reason I will have to try for myself :-)
not necessarily better, but different and better suited to others needs.
remember no one tool is going to suit everybody :)
if you have something that works for you, great be happy with that, dont be forever searching for "the best", you'll get nothing done ;)

dvnation
KVRer
28 posts since 25 Dec, 2010

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:20 am

Logic does this easily. It's called a "Track Stack". Let's you combine synths and they can each have their own effects. You can then save each stack (combination) as a preset for easy loading in other projects. Just like in Reason.

Sounds to me like the OP has been living in his Reason bubble for too long.

Tofu2019
KVRist

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:27 am

vurt wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:13 am
Tofu2019 wrote:
antic604 wrote:
Tofu2019 wrote:

not necessarily better, but different and better suited to others needs.
remember no one tool is going to suit everybody :)
if you have something that works for you, great be happy with that, dont be forever searching for "the best", you'll get nothing done ;)
your right man the post was meant to be a happy positive one it seems some angry people have taken it to heart lol peace

psynical
KVRist
94 posts since 16 Jan, 2019

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:08 pm

Tofu2019 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:28 am
Not the entire app you doughnut just the rack and synths your not getting the daw in the plugin
Dude, Reason is basically the rack. Unless you know something we don't, i wouldn't expect Reason to be selling all their instruments and fx as a vst for $69 anytime soon. Like, ever. I'd love to be wrong about that, but there's no 'reason' for them to do so. Hell, remind me again, what's the price of the Europa vst? And how much do you imagine they would sell ALL their plugins wrapped in a VST for?

I get it, you're a fanboi and excited for v11. But try to be realistic.

Biscotto
KVRist
300 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:02 pm

@Tofu2019
How many Combinators can you nest inside a Combinator? 0

How many Racks I can nest inside Ableton or Bitwig Racks?.... Start counting....
Bitwig.Live/Modulat.Reason.Omnisphere.u-he.Fathom.Arcsyn.TAL

zoidkirb
KVRer
25 posts since 9 Jun, 2019

Post Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:55 pm

Biscotto wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:02 pm
@Tofu2019
How many Combinators can you nest inside a Combinator? 0

How many Racks I can nest inside Ableton or Bitwig Racks?.... Start counting....
Why do you want to nest combinators though? Using a combinator to me really just boils down to another tool in Reason to do modulations with, and also that it provides a set of user definable macro controls. You can stack as many devices in the actual rack and have them all interacting the way you want with the cables. Or you could stack as many combinators inside as rack as you want and still have interactions between devices.
Just to add my extra 2 cents worth, the lack of vst inside the rack vst, and the lack of midi out of the vst has so far dampened any interest I've got in the rack vst. If those two things happened I'd be very keen suddenly.

Tofu2019
KVRist

Post Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:54 am

psynical wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:08 pm
Tofu2019 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:28 am
Not the entire app you doughnut just the rack and synths your not getting the daw in the plugin
Dude, Reason is basically the rack. Unless you know something we don't, i wouldn't expect Reason to be selling all their instruments and fx as a vst for $69 anytime soon. Like, ever. I'd love to be wrong about that, but there's no 'reason' for them to do so. Hell, remind me again, what's the price of the Europa vst? And how much do you imagine they would sell ALL their plugins wrapped in a VST for?

I get it, you're a fanboi and excited for v11. But try to be realistic.
they could offer a free version separate from the daw with like say subtractor and a couple of half rack effects that user would in turn probably buy more rack extensions
mate I only use reason and I've tried a lot of daws reason is what I prefer yes but I think Cubase and logic are studio one are also cool but I prefer to work in one program ( ableton and bitwig and fl studio have an alternative way of working that is not for me ) ,anyway back to the point reason isn't just "the rack" not any more
its the picth edit the ssl mixer . the recycle elements the time stretching and more

Biscotto
KVRist

Post Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:00 am

Tofu2019 wrote:I've tried a lot of daws
Did you? :?

Tofu2019
KVRist

Post Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:25 am

Biscotto wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:00 am
Tofu2019 wrote:I've tried a lot of daws
Did you? :?
yes Cubase , Ableton , FL studio , cakewalk , studio one , Logic briefly not on my system
acid pro , Traction , reaper

if I couldn't have reason I would choose from Cubase and studio one ( logic would be in that but I don't use a mac )
as they have a similar workflow I use ( apart from the rack which I have fallen in love with )
Ableton is back to front to me and I hate the midi editor I wanna smash my screen When I have tried that I even bought intro but sold it after a month , aint for me .
fl studio is even more back to front to me
u see I started on a cracked version of Cubase back in the day tried a demo of reason and have been buying that since , I don't get bitchy and say my software is the best because its not , Cubase and logic are the kings there I would think if we are talking pro studio and what they can do/ the options you have.
Reason and ableton and flstudio are more cut down programs ,but u need what you need I don't need a score editor and stuff like that
I must admit though a couple of things in Cubase exist that I would like in reason
but ive tried the Cubase demo recently to try out the reason 11 beta and it wont take me away I will be staying with reason.
they can all do things better than each other
and what reason can do better is the rack the combinator
you wont change my mind on that one , and im not being an angry fanboy
ableton is better for live iuse dj mixing
fl studio is better for getting quick beats going
reason is better for experimentation with wires racks and combinator's
Cubase and logic have the most advanced features overall that pro studios may need

haven't mentioned much about the others I'm sure u will fill me in though

Biscotto
KVRist

Post Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:48 am

I’m asking because you seemed not to have at least a little clue about the subject of other DAWs lacking a “similar capabilities” or “limitations” of the Combinator....
It’s ok though. Maybe you didn’t dig deep enough.
Btw, MuLab with its MUX and its Panels creation ability would eat the Combinator for lunch.

Broken
KVRist
160 posts since 18 Oct, 2003

Post Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Meh. It seems half cooked. Why release a vst version without being able to drag midi data from the plugin to the DAW?

Return to “Instruments”