PRODUCTS

Synth of your choice Mallet layer:
sine wave osc, white noise osc, filter env (low pass filter), pitch env
- highpass the sound with resonance

Synth of your choice Deep punching layer:
sine wave osc, filter env (low pass filter), pitch env
- lowpass the sound

Layer them both together, layer the deep punch 0 - 6ms later

ReboundAudio wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:04 pm Psy Kicks are done with a quick pitch envelope.
This. Psy-Trance kicks are not complicated at all. In most cases it's literally just a synthesized kick drum made with just one sine wave oscillator, a pitch envelope and a volume envelope. You can fully shape the kick with the envelope settings. The pitch envelope creates that classic "zappy" punch that is typical for Psy-trance kick drums. Then you can shape the kick further with eq, compression and maybe some advanced processing like multiband-compression/distortion. Most of these type of kick drums have a significant eq-cut around 300 Hz, which makes the kick sound a bit tighter. Also multiband-distortion can be useful to add some crispiness to the higher frequencies without also distorting the low-end.
Turn off your Brain & Turn on your Heart

Thanks for the replies, i cant even get close to a big kick sound with a synth and processing, it has to be done with layers for me or it just sounds weak

Here's a great tutorial on making and fine tuning kick and bass for Psytrance tracks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSzP2_AO0DQ

At 3:14 he describes how each point in the the amp envelope of Kick 2 relates to a certain frequency in the sine sweep and how you can therefore use the amp envelope like an EQ by making certain parts louder or quieter.

If you layer different kicks with non perfect phase alignment you will have a similar effect to EQ-ing certain frequencies only that you won't have as much control over it.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Flipping great video - thanks for posting.

BlitBit wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:05 pm Here's a great tutorial on making and fine tuning kick and bass for Psytrance tracks
good video

kick 2 seems interesting, anyone know if theres a better kick plugin out there before buying it?

Sk1nZ wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:52 pmif theres a better kick plugin out there
Nope
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Sound Design”