Any thoughts on the Eventide SP2016 reverb?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Just noticed the SP2016 reverb plugin from Eventide is on a flash sale. At 69 bucks, it still sounds a bit pricey to me... so is it worth the money?

I bought their Blackhole reverb on sale and really like it a lot, but not for vocals, and I could do with a better vocal reverb than the ones I use (yes, I know the typical names: Breeze etc). The strong point of the SP2016 seems to be how well the vocals or instruments sit in the mix. At the same time, the original hardware unit is decades old, so I am a bit I-don't-know-ish here. :wink:

BTW, I think it's flash sale week or something at Eventide, so I expect there will be more sales to follow.

viewtopic.php?t=531851

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... 016-reverb
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

worth it especially for the price

good sounding reverb with a real space sound

good for small rooom

buy it

It's a favourite of mine. It's a musical reverb not a realistic one. Not so sure about the current price. I think I may have bought it for less
Last edited by v1o on Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

it's my go-to.
i own many stunning reverbs, but the SP2016 (while not exactly lush or realistic) is easy to work with, and generally just seems to fit. not always, but that's why i own so many stunning reverbs :P

It's amazing, I wanted the hardware for over a decade until the Eventide plugins came out. It's the only non-Valhalla reverb I use now. It's absolutely worth the money, it's the best "almost invisible ambience generator" I have ever heard. :)

I would say: It depends. If you're looking for this, then yes:
D.K Envelope wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:23 pm good sounding reverb with a real space sound

good for small rooom

Thanks a lot for the swift replies! Especially for this:
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:39 pm it's the best "almost invisible ambience generator" I have ever heard. :)
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Apparently, the deal is on throughout this week, to be followed by other "Eventide Classics" week-long sales.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Just demo ffs instead of asking opinions :) I dont like that reverb :)

And you can make vocal or instrument sit in the mix with any reverb. Just dont use presets and use your ears :) As a matter of fact its better to use one reverb type and then just edit on different instruments rather then few different ones, because then it actually will add more dificulties to sit the sound in the mix :)
Last edited by Elektronisch on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:39 pm It's amazing, I wanted the hardware for over a decade until the Eventide plugins came out. It's the only non-Valhalla reverb I use now. It's absolutely worth the money, it's the best "almost invisible ambience generator" I have ever heard. :)
Well put, and my thoughts exactly. The only other reverb I would try out to see if I like better for the similar type of thing would be Vahalla Room.

I never used the plates, and wouldn't use this for long halls or anything, but it works great for rooms. It can add a realistic ambience around sounds without necessarily sounding exactly like a real room, but more importantly, it just sounds very good for small rooms and ambiences.

If not using the plates, would there be any reason to upgrade from SR2016 (Stereo Room)?

Dooooo it! SP2016 is awesome.

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:39 pm It's amazing, I wanted the hardware for over a decade until the Eventide plugins came out. It's the only non-Valhalla reverb I use now. It's absolutely worth the money, it's the best "almost invisible ambience generator" I have ever heard. :)
I'm also using just valhalla, vintage verb and not room. I tried the sp2016 last night after seeing this thread and it does sound excellent. The small spaces it can create are really nice - couldn't get the same thing going on in vintage verb.

SP2016 is a great combo with Softube’s Russian Tsar-1.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

$58 at JRR Shop. I’m tempted...
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Return to “Effects”