Salvador Dalek (Psytrance)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Newly mixed version now up.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

New mix sounds good on my monitors. The bass is solid but well controlled and really drives the track. Good work. I'd definitely be on the dance floor ... :band: :hyper:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:29 am New mix sounds good on my monitors. The bass is solid but well controlled and really drives the track. Good work. I'd definitely be on the dance floor ... :band: :hyper:
Awesome! Thanks man 8)

I do have quite good monitors but nevertheless accurate translation drives me crazy. I use a series of 2 cars, 4 headphones, 2 mobile devices, and 2 sets of monitors so I’m forever going back and tweaking little elements.

Nice, classic sound palette.

There is a touch of resonance on the bass which could be tamed to help it sit slightly better. Also, some of the psy-effects earlier on could be a touch wetter - not all, of course - it's good to have a contrast to hold interest.

The only other thing I would suggest is that it's a little busy and maybe doesn't need quite as much going on at once. You've got a lot of good sounds in there.

Unaspected wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:21 pm Nice, classic sound palette.

There is a touch of resonance on the bass which could be tamed to help it sit slightly better. Also, some of the psy-effects earlier on could be a touch wetter - not all, of course - it's good to have a contrast to hold interest.

The only other thing I would suggest is that it's a little busy and maybe doesn't need quite as much going on at once. You've got a lot of good sounds in there.
Thanks man!

I need to check the bass because there’s definitely no intentional resonance on it. Weird.

You make a good point about stripping it back. I’ll have another listen and consider what I can do :tu:

Small bump before I retire Salvador.

Sounds good! Bass+kick is a bit too loud IMHO (listening in a treated studio with subs down to 20 Hz straight)..
Makes me want to make forest psy again... Haven't released anything for a lot years now.

I enjoyed it, but then I like the genre and am easy to please.

I'm not convinced it's your best work ever, but then again, there can only be one... And you set a pretty high standard, so that's damning with faint criticism! Don't ask me why though, it was just a feeling I got while listening. Maybe wags is onto something in that you could have made the trip more varied?

Either way, I liked it and look forward to more!

21hertz wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:31 pm Sounds good! Bass+kick is a bit too loud IMHO (listening in a treated studio with subs down to 20 Hz straight)..
Makes me want to make forest psy again... Haven't released anything for a lot years now.
Thanks for that clarification. I don’t have a treated room so it’s always useful to hear from somebody who does.

The bass was made with Serum with the fundamental removed and replaced with a pure sine. I noticed by accident last night this caused phasing issues with the second harmonic though. So now that I’ve worked out the solution I’ll redo the bass :tu:

Would love to hear some of your stuff!

sjm wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:49 pm I enjoyed it, but then I like the genre and am easy to please.

I'm not convinced it's your best work ever, but then again, there can only be one... And you set a pretty high standard, so that's damning with faint criticism! Don't ask me why though, it was just a feeling I got while listening. Maybe wags is onto something in that you could have made the trip more varied?

Either way, I liked it and look forward to more!
Set a high standard? :hug: :oops:
That’s very nice indeed.

I am working on the next one already which will be back in the Forest psy camp. I’m trying to make it quite dark so hopefully it can stay that way and not deviate again. Lots of ideas for sounds already so let’s see how easy I can get them out of my head and into the speakers.

Liked the title :lol:. The music isn’t my thing, so I wont comment.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:41 am Liked the title :lol:. The music isn’t my thing, so I wont comment.
Er, thanks... I guess :D

Not bad at all man, that's how a Salvador Dalek will probably sound like. Make more!

The bass is thick in the one.....

Great track as usual :tu:

Hey Mushy ... very cool psytrance tracks ... follow you now on Soundcloud and liked some of your tracks, really great work ... mixing wise I have nothing to criticize.

Best T.I.L.I.D.I.N.

Return to “Music Cafe”