Before We Die - Epic Dramatic Choral Track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder if you couldn't just drop the drums until after the synth interlude. The very first entrance seemed a bit off to me in terms of how the overall sound of the track evolved. But with that synth interlude, I think it'll work much better once expectations have shifted. The synth - to me at least - isn't as emphatic a shift in direction as the entrance of the drums was and sets you up nicely for the second half of the track.

In other words, the drums seemed out of place at 1:29. And the fill most definitely didn't feel right (and possibly distorted right at the end?). But after the interlude, the extra weight feels much better.

Overall it's a great track, but I do agree with the previous comments about something not being quite right with the finer details.

sjm wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:22 pm I wonder if you couldn't just drop the drums until after the synth interlude. The very first entrance seemed a bit off to me in terms of how the overall sound of the track evolved. But with that synth interlude, I think it'll work much better once expectations have shifted. The synth - to me at least - isn't as emphatic a shift in direction as the entrance of the drums was and sets you up nicely for the second half of the track.

In other words, the drums seemed out of place at 1:29. And the fill most definitely didn't feel right (and possibly distorted right at the end?). But after the interlude, the extra weight feels much better.

Overall it's a great track, but I do agree with the previous comments about something not being quite right with the finer details.
Thank you for the feedback! I agree that the drums are a bit too heavy to be introduced already along with the soft part of the track. I produced this thinking a bit about the trailer format, and these kind of impacts finishing track intros tend to be quite common in today's trailer tunes, but in this track it was indeed a bit unnecessary, as the melodic content also makes it shift away from the modern trailer tag anyways... I think that in future tracks I need to either fully commit to heavy trailer material or just reduce its elements a lot. Cheers! :-)

Return to “Music Cafe”