Trance gate effect - what is your preferred method?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MUX Modular has presets that do trance gating. And you can change / extend that modular patch as you want, building your own special trance gates.

acid alex wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:03 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:50 am Gatekeeper for $24 at Pluginboutique right now.
Is it worth it, compared to A1TriggerGate which is free?
I have not tried that one
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I'm digging A1TriggerGate. You can't draw custom shapes, so it does not have that aspect, but for getting some fast stutter patterns, I might be using this a lot--and it has some tweaks.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:50 am Gatekeeper for $24 at Pluginboutique right now.
Yes, definitely for me. I find A1TriggerGate a bit unintuitive. Gatekeeper is both more straight forward, and has more features. I also find the filter in A1TriggerGate pretty useless, but, YMMV.

I'd definitely demo before buy, of course.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:14 pmDo you have all the old Steinberg factory plugins running in a current version of cubase? I tried to get them all going in cubase 8 a while back but it didn't work. I miss chopper and a few other plugins quite a bit.
We have only recently switched to Cubase but Steinberg put out Chopper as a 32 bit VST 15+ years ago. There is definitely a plugin called Chopper in Cubase 10 Pro but I haven't looked at it yet.
Just looking at the GUI of A1 Triggergate I would say yes, it is. The gate patterns are much more like MSEGs, not just steps on or off, and you can layer up to 8 patterns per patch. Gatekeeper doesn't have a filter but it does have other features that make it useful in other ways. If you are interested it is definitely worth checking out Infected Mushroom's short videos.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:57 am
Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:14 pmDo you have all the old Steinberg factory plugins running in a current version of cubase? I tried to get them all going in cubase 8 a while back but it didn't work. I miss chopper and a few other plugins quite a bit.
We have only recently switched to Cubase but Steinberg put out Chopper as a 32 bit VST 15+ years ago. There is definitely a plugin called Chopper in Cubase 10 Pro but I haven't looked at it yet.
Just looking at the GUI of A1 Triggergate I would say yes, it is. The gate patterns are much more like MSEGs, not just steps on or off, and you can layer up to 8 patterns per patch. Gatekeeper doesn't have a filter but it does have other features that make it useful in other ways. If you are interested it is definitely worth checking out Infected Mushroom's short videos.
Thanks BONES. I downloaded the demo, then stumped up and bought it :)
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

MRhythmizerMB
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

LeVzi wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:35 am I found this the other day, really decent trance gate effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNWqh3i2Sq0
The original T-Force Trance Gate is still my favorite:

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... te&id=1284

Unfortunately the 2nd one has been a bit buggy for me.

I like A1 for creative purposes, and I keep trying to fully transition to it or something else because I want to give up the last of my 32-bit plugins, but I just can't find one that sounds as good or as instantly dance-able as T-Force.

I mostly use the kHs Trance Gate plugin, their Snap-Heap one. I like the rotary GUI and it's a doddle to use.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Rapid has a really nice trancegate, now that there is Rapid FX version I think I'll use it to process other synths whenever I need a trancegate.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Effects”