Korg Krome can sounds like Analog Monster

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just because it's not a bell or guitar, does not make it analogue.

NatLife wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:44 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:06 pm
NatLife wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:32 pm
AnX wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:15 am wrong forum, should be in soundware, as this is basically an advert for your soundbank
it's just a demo what Korg Krome can do, if you didnt watched it and didnt listened - then why talking :D When it will be the soundbank advert - i will post in the soundware.
and when you do, you will be reported for cross posting/spam
right now i see the only one spamer - is you. I'm bored of your all time annoying and annoying, plz - leave the topic, i didnt asked your answer here, otherwise i will ask Ben to figure out who spamming.
go on then

lol he has no idea does he

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:01 pm
NatLife wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:36 pmFx's all internal, without it - it sounds same warm too imho.
No, not really.

Now I love how Korg's sound, but this is just blatantly false. Korg's sound is bright and sparkly, it's not exactly what I would call warm and wooly like a Moog.
Well, i found it similar to https://youtu.be/2x_rGWJYWAs?t=298 starts in 4:58 with using LFO's on Korg it sounds near for me. I will trying to do one more demos and will try to create more sounds like Analog/Mono Bass style. Before i used Krome mostly for polyphonic sounds, because it's amazing in this side of synthesys.
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

tehlord wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:18 pm Just because it's not a bell or guitar, does not make it analogue.
i'm not saying it's analogue, it's just sounds like analog :) imho of course, everyone have a different ears 8)
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

The Bodzin example you posted sounds nothing like your demo. I'm not sure you understand what true analogue synths sound like. Like....it's not even close.

I have no idea what it is that you're hearing.

tehlord wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:34 pm The Bodzin example you posted sounds nothing like your demo. I'm not sure you understand what true analogue synths sound like. Like....it's not even close.

I have no idea what it is that you're hearing.
i'm not sayiing about melody, i'm saying about the sound character - i hear it close to Sub37, and after 20 years in music production of course i not understand how true analogue synth sound like :lol:

NatLife wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:39 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:28 pm
NatLife wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:12 pm sounds very similar in some ways to Moog Sub 37
It really doesn't.
i know the Sub 37 sounds - it's not 100% same, every synth have own character but this sound remind me a Stephan Bodzin sounds, that he created on Sub 37, if you can compare - i will send you this sound sampled.
I own a SUB37 (and a whole bunch of analog synths) and your sound is not even close ... there's nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't sound analog.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:47 pm
NatLife wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:12 pm sounds very similar in some ways to Moog Sub 37
It really doesn't.
i know the Sub 37 sounds - it's not 100% same, every synth have own character but this sound remind me a Stephan Bodzin sounds, that he created on Sub 37, if you can compare - i will send you this sound sampled.
I own a SUB37 (and a whole bunch of analog synths) and your sound is not even close ... there's nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't sound analog.
ok, i'm glad that you have Sub37, so if you have it you think you can call it not analog then? It's a type of sounding, it's a not analog synth but it's calling "sounds like analog", or you can call "It Sounds Like Digital"? How you will hear the difference with a closed eyes? I think u will not see it.
Last edited by NatLife on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:)

I would assume that any synth which models or samples analog can sound... well... analog. Depends what you mean really. Many digital filters surely can't reach the sound of analog filters in terms of resonant extremes, or juice. But then, there also seem to be analog filters which sound quite crappy. So... yeah, i guess it depends.

Does the Krome do VA, or is it purely sample based?

NatLife wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:52 pm
It really doesn't.
ok, i'm glad that you have Sub37, so if you have it you think you can call it not analog then? It's a type of sounding, it's a not analog synth but it's calling "sounds like analog", or you can call "It Sounds Like Digital"? How you will hear the difference with a closed eyes? I think u will not see it.
do you own any analogue synths?
just a/b a similar bass patch, the analogue version will have imperfections that the digital wont.
these arent always desirable of course, which is why we now use both 8)

chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:56 pm :)

I would assume that any synth which models or samples analog can sound... well... analog. Depends what you mean really. Many digital filters surely can't reach the sound of analog filters in terms of resonant extremes, or juice. But then, there also seem to be analog filters which sound quite crappy. So... yeah, i guess it depends.

Does the Krome do VA, or is it purely sample based?
yeas man, i can fully agree with you.It is depends just from a quality synth and man who working with it. Krome have a two engines - PCM for Piano/orchestral stuff and EDS-Extented for electronic stuff, that's what i'm actually using.

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:02 pm
NatLife wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:52 pm
It really doesn't.
do you own any analogue synths?
just a/b a similar bass patch, the analogue version will have imperfections that the digital wont.
these arent always desirable of course, which is why we now use both 8)
can we call Repro, The Legend as analog synths? if no - then no, or if yeas - then yeas) I worked with both much time, and made alot of sounds for them, if i'm right - they clearly copied Moog Model D and Sequential Pro 1. But if from hardware - only VA KingKorg

no they are clearly digital emulations of analogue.
if you haven't experienced a real analogue synth, it's understandable where you are making the mistake.

while both repro and the legend are great emulations, they cant do the full on imperfections the real analogue will. these add a certain warmth or as ed says woolyness to the sound that a sample cant achieve.

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:11 pm no they are clearly digital emulations of analogue.
if you haven't experienced a real analogue synth, it's understandable where you are making the mistake.

while both repro and the legend are great emulations, they cant do the full on imperfections the real analogue will. these add a certain warmth or as ed says woolyness to the sound that a sample cant achieve.
I don't have but i had experience to play with analog synths, and i can't say that i cant do same on Repro...yeas it maybe emulation but it's a clear emulations, and it can do a crazy things with filters like u said..check this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neppDyl3BVE

All sounds here i made from Repro, drums also..i used it like demo song of my bank, but in fact i made a full track from it, and i tryed to do alot of things with a sound here.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”