Let's Talk Eventide

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Back in 1977, when I first started recording, everybody was talking about the first Eventide Harmonizer which was released in 1975. My local Rondo Music had one but it was like $1,500. I simply could not afford it.

Well, it's 42 years later and I see the Eventide has a ton of plugins. So here are my questions.

1. Are they as good as their hardware counterparts?

2. Are there no reasonable alternatives?

I''m especially interested in the Omnipressor because of what I heard it do to dull, lifeless virtual instruments. But is there maybe something else in my arsenal (I have a ton of FX) that can do the same job?

Eventide plugins, while cheaper than the hardware, are still pricey. So if there's something else that can do the same job, I'm all ears. Unless of course there truly is no competition.

Notable plugins that I own.

Entire Soundtoys Collection
Entire Valhalla Collection
MTurboDelay and MTurboReverb
MUnison
Glitch 2
SDRR
MJUC
SKNote Strip
SKNote Cuttertone
Antares EVO
XLN RC-20

Is Eventide stuff just overkill on top of this or is it truly so unique that nothing can replace it?

Interested in your opinions.

Omnipressor is on sale at Pluginboutique for $53 ...
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... mnipressor

I haven't tried it as uses soft iLok ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:30 pm Omnipressor is on sale at Pluginboutique for $53 ...
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... mnipressor

I haven't tried it as uses soft iLok ...
Well, I have so much iLok stuff that doesn't bother me. In fact, I hope there's an option to put it on the dongle with all my other plugins.

Eventide is awesome, and, as they always communicated, the plugins are closeles modelled on their hardware as well.

I hope the H910 will be next on their sales list, because, i always was interested in that one...

chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:48 pm Eventide is awesome, and, as they always communicated, the plugins are closeles modelled on their hardware as well.

I hope the H910 will be next on their sales list, because, i always was interested in that one...
I just listened to an audio demo of what it did to a basic drum loop. Yeah, I honestly don't think I have a compressor that can do that. But how? Is it because of the range of the controls? The tech of this thing baffles me.

You mean the H910 or the Omnipressor?

You mean Rondo Music on 22? ;)

chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:58 pm You mean the H910 or the Omnipressor?
Omnipressor. Amazing.

JoeCat wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:59 pm You mean Rondo Music on 22? ;)
That's the one.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:52 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:48 pm Eventide is awesome, and, as they always communicated, the plugins are closeles modelled on their hardware as well.

I just listened to an audio demo of what it did to a basic drum loop. Yeah, I honestly don't think I have a compressor that can do that. But how? Is it because of the range of the controls? The tech of this thing baffles me.
eventide hire sorcerers.
seriously, their stuff is magick.
expensive, perhaps a little, but sometimes in life "you get what you pay for" is true. 8)

wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:05 pm
Omnipressor. Amazing.
Aight. :tu:

Check out their other stuff too. I love the reverbs, for example.

chk071 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:08 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:05 pm
Omnipressor. Amazing.
Aight. :tu:

Check out their other stuff too. I love the reverbs, for example.
Unfortunately, I only have so much money right now but I did just pick up Omnipressor for 48 bucks after my virtual cash that I had laying around. Brian May uses it a lot and I plan to now use it on my Queen tribute.

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:08 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:52 pm

eventide hire sorcerers.
seriously, their stuff is magick.
expensive, perhaps a little, but sometimes in life "you get what you pay for" is true. 8)
I believe it. Hey, don't forget to check out Duck Soup. :lol:

i wont, just having some food then will hit the computer :)

Eventide plugins are great and the company happens to be very friendly.I had an issue once I inadvertently bought a plugin I already had so I called them on the phone(yes they actually pickup the phone and talk to customers) and the customer service rep actually gave me a free plugin that I didn't have & wanted to make up for it.
With that being said,Eventide usually has a very good sale around Black Friday or the holiday's,I eventually bought Anthology X during a bf sale and than updated to Anthology XI during the next BF sale.

btw Audio Deluxe has Omnipressor on sale(if you log in) for $40.99

*edit* I didn't notice you already bought it,enjoy!
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

Return to “Effects”