Korg Krome can sounds like Analog Monster

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Judging from the description on the Korg site, it is not intended as an analog synth, but the focus is on the high-quality sampled sounds. I would not worry whether or not it can sound like a Moog, maybe it sounds better than a Moog in musical terms.

Does it include a fully featured synthesizer, in this case a subtractive one?

Your voice sounds more interesting than that synth sound, did you process your voice so nobody recognizes you? 8)

yes they're great emulations, but not actually analogue :shrug:

that said, the krome is a nice synth, just let it be the krome :)

e-crooner wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:24 pm Your voice sounds more interesting than that synth sound, did you process your voice so nobody recognizes you? 8)
You mean the voice isn't analogue? :o

e-crooner wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:24 pm Judging from the description on the Korg site, it is not intended as an analog synth, but the focus is on the high-quality sampled sounds. I would not worry whether or not it can sound like a Moog, maybe it sounds better than a Moog in musical terms.

Does it include a fully featured synthesizer, in this case a subtractive one?

Your voice sounds more interesting than that synth sound, did you process your voice so nobody recognizes you? 8)
well, of course it's not analog, thats why i was surprised how it can sounds like analog) Anyhow it have EDS-X engine, it's not like a usual synth, but it have just crazy possibility for sound design, much more than have other synthesizers... it was much harder to learn Krome than Massive X for example, just for comparisons.
About the voice - i just used my MXL V67, added Fruity Limiter and Fruity Compressor(the easiest fruity comp), thats all.
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Get yourself some real analogue synths IN the studio and start A/B'ing them. Then you'll hear the difference.

Nobody is saying the Krome sounds bad, it's just that it's quite funny comparing your video to a Moog (for example).

I have numerous digital synths here that I love, but none of them sound 'analogue'. The only ones that really got close were the Roland ACB synths.

tehlord wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:39 pm Get yourself some real analogue synths IN the studio and start A/B'ing them. Then you'll hear the difference.
... and be sure to turn the Krome effects off to get a true comparison.

tehlord wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:39 pm Get yourself some real analogue synths IN the studio and start A/B'ing them. Then you'll hear the difference.

Nobody is saying the Krome sounds bad, it's just that it's quite funny comparing your video to a Moog (for example).

I have numerous digital synths here that I love, but none of them sound 'analogue'. The only ones that really got close were the Roland ACB synths.
I might buy something, what will be release in 2020 or 2021..because all what i hear - i can recreate on soft, or with my Korg's. I'm bet for software because it''s rising much faster, i'm born with it in early 2000'when everyone said - you can't do good with VST, but i did it...and big names appreciated it, later the wider public. So thnk you for advice, but it's hard to advice something for the guy, who was made by earlier soft's VST :wink:
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

I think that you think that we think you're better at what you do than we actually think that you are.

I think that you think there is a correlation between a little bit of small label success, and accurate analogue emulation. Your video proves (pretty conclusively) that this is not the case.

But one thing you say is true, there are a few plugins out there that are close enough that it doesn't matter. Krome is not one of those plugins.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:48 pm
Krome's Saw signal is very rich even without fx's too, what if it will sound same in fact?) You don't know how powerfull Krome modulation system is..you just see a Touch Screen, but this screen hides tremendous sound modulation capabilities. I'm here to not compare what is better or what isnt, i can do sounds any synth better than you have, just coz of my expirience and talent to create HQ sound from shit(i did it with earlier VST's). But I just posted a video with a sound, that sounds like analog, thats all what i wanted to say :)

tehlord wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:04 pm I think that you think that we think you're better at what you do than we actually think that you are.

I think that you think there is a correlation between a little bit of small label success, and accurate analogue emulation. Your video proves (pretty conclusively) that this is not the case.

But one thing you say is true, there are a few plugins out there that are close enough that it doesn't matter. Krome is not one of those plugins.
man, actually not fully understood all what you said, but plz - i didnt said that Krome=analog synth) read above - i was surprised that it can sounds LIKE analog, thats all :dog:

NatLife wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:13 pm
Krome's Saw signal is very rich even without fx's too, what if it will sound same in fact?) You don't know how powerfull Krome modulation system is..you just see a Touch Screen, but this screen hides tremendous sound modulation capabilities. I'm here to not compare what is better or what isnt, i can do sounds any synth better than you have, just coz of my expirience and talent to create HQ sound from shit(i did it with earlier VST's). But I just posted a video with a sound, that sounds like analog, thats all what i wanted to say :)
:clap: congrats, you just went full cock!

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:16 pm
:clap:
:hihi:

vurt wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:16 pm
:clap: congrats, you just went full cock!
plz be clear - what you meant?

"im better than you at sound design because of my experience "

i have no idea who you are or what you've done?
im pretty sure the same can be said in reverse.
and i happen to know for a fact tcc has actual experience, over years.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”