A new updated version of Eventide Omnipressor has just been released.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... mnipressor

Looks fantastic. A now it has a proper output control and even a mix knob! :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

And is also a CPU killer.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:56 pm And is also a CPU killer.
CPU killer after update? Previous version was not heavy on cpu at all.

cnt wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:59 pm
Get the one that I just got (whatever version that is) and you'll see.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:02 pm
I'm on a I9 9900K so I know that I have a good CPU but I don't notice any jump on my CPU meter in Ableton when I bypass or engage it. If it was such a hog I think I would notice some significant change even with an I9. Maybe you're experiencing a bug, that's strange... :?

Endor-8o8 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:11 pm
I'm on a I9 9900K so I know that I have a good CPU but I don't notice any jump on my CPU meter in Ableton when I bypass or engage it. If it was such a hog I think I would notice some significant change even with an I9. Maybe you're experiencing a bug, that's strange... :?
It's always possible it wasn't tested in my DAW. Remember the bug that one granular FX unit had (don't remember the name) in Cubase where the GUI didn't render properly or something like that? It happens.

Anyway, I've found a workaround. I just render the track immediately after recording and continue from there. CPU usage on this project I'm working on is now almost nil. It's a pain but it's manageable. I'll deal with it until I get my I9 in January.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:26 pm
It's always possible it wasn't tested in my DAW. Remember the bug that one granular FX unit had (don't remember the name) in Cubase where the GUI didn't render properly or something like that? It happens.

Anyway, I've found a workaround. I just render the track immediately after recording and continue from there. CPU usage on this project I'm working on is now almost nil. It's a pain but it's manageable. I'll deal with it until I get my I9 in January.
That's too bad to have to do this...it slows your process and creativity. If there's no other way... :(
You can shoot a mail to Eventide so they look into it...maybe there's a way you can completely enjoy Omnipressor before you get the mighty i9 ! :D

Endor-8o8 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:31 pm

That's too bad to have to do this...it slows your process and creativity. If there's no other way... :(
You can shoot a mail to Eventide so they look into it...maybe there's a way you can completely enjoy Omnipressor before you get the mighty i9 ! :D
Wagtunes, would you mind sending me a DM with your system, audio interface, and DAW specs?

I haven't found this version or previous ones to be CPU-heavy. I use several instances of Omnipressor on multiple tracks within a project without issue and I'm running a 2014 MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM. I'm hoping we can help you sort it out.

Orville71 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:38 pm
Endor-8o8 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:31 pm

Wagtunes, would you mind sending me a DM with your system, audio interface, and DAW specs?

I haven't found this version or previous ones to be CPU-heavy. I use several instances of Omnipressor on multiple tracks within a project without issue and I'm running a 2014 MacBook Pro with 16GB of RAM. I'm hoping we can help you sort it out.
The time it would take me to gather all the system specs just isn't worth it. I'd rather be spending my time making music. But thanks for the offer.

Takes 1% on my 2011 iMac i5

So so much easier to be complain about a problem than be part of the solution.
rsp
sound sculptist

Did I miss anything or is this thing not resizable? On my 32" 1440p screen I need to use glasses to be able to read anything on this tiny GUI. Hey Eventide, it's 2019, not 2005.

Reefius wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:46 pm Did I miss anything or is this thing not resizable? On my 32" 1440p screen I need to use glasses to be able to read anything on this tiny GUI. Hey Eventide, it's 2019, not 2005.
I agree it needs to be resizable. Plus on my screen (non retina) it is quite blurry, especially the white writing.

Oh, I love the sound of the thing though. Just be careful with the expand presets as they are super loud!

Rickskii wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:54 pm Takes 1% on my 2011 iMac i5
0.3% per instance on my 2012 i7 win10 lappy - Think wag's machine must be full of bees.
Rickskii wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:51 pmJust be careful with the expand presets as they are super loud!
Yep just made that mistake, forgot to stick Ice9 on my Reaper master template !

Return to “Effects”