New interesting free synth 32/62bit Win/Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lith

It's rather the lack of contrast, and poor use of colours which bothers me on the GUI, than small font. It kind of already fails at the ABC of interface design. And, yes, that's such a bummer for me that it prevents me from even downloading it as well. Even though my interest is sparse anyway.

Russell Grand wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:36 am :hihi:

I agree, but it could be bigger.
:hihi:
recursive one wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:25 am Cool, two pages of the GUI talk ...How does it sound, anyway?

Can't test it now myself.
It sounds great imo. Love the waveshapers
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:45 am
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:05 am You can resize the gui though by dragging the lower right corner. Unfortunally it doesnt remember the state you left it at.
That's good to know. Thanks :)
No problem :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I like the interface. The text could be more readable, but that's it.

Nice little synth.

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:23 pm

Russell Grand wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:29 pm

:hihi: :hihi:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Jace-BeOS wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:45 am Why does everyone have to make such minimal GUIs? It’s hard to look at. It’s eloquent, but the readability shown in the screenshots (not just the text; the whole thing) makes me not want to even download it.
Less is more. Until it’s too little.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

fairplay wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:49 pm Works for me in REAPER (x64, vst3 version) also. Interesting waveshaping (rare kind) synth. GUI is kinda cluttered, but very intuitive and muuuuch better than previous version (https://bedroomproducersblog.com/wp-con ... th-vst.jpg)
The new GUI is an improvement, especially the dark version, but I actually like the old version's design (I know I'm in the minority).

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:09 pm
:dog: :dog: :borg:

Light skin crashes Tracktion, even with the preset fix.

Dark skin brings my computer to its knees, which has never happened before. (Not on this rig, and not for several years otherwise. But then, I've never tried Omnipressor.)
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

mrdoghead wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:12 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:09 pm
:dog: :dog: :borg:
:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :borg: :borg:

It's irritating to find jokers that don't know where the line for good behaviour goes.
This new vst is interesting and several times now i hoped for some new facts about it when i saw the new post marking.

Saffran wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:33 pm It's irritating to find jokers that don't know where the line for good behaviour goes.
This new vst is interesting and several times now i hoped for some new facts about it when i saw the new post marking.
Do you like it? It keeps crashing when changing the quality settings. I should mention this to the developer.

send them an email;

"Some bugs; in the latest FL Studio (VST2 x64); the synth isn't loading the choosen preset (and parameters) when opening a track. The UI isn't rememberring the size when changed.
Also, it is not clear how to get stuff following the key input. Example; LFO1; speed modulated by key to follow the notes --> unclear how much modulation it needs"

They replied;

"Hi, Thank you for you message.

I'm investigating preset issues, but it's still unresolved.

Saving the resize settings is planned for the next version.

And I will consider the key issue.

Your mention really helps us.
Thank you again."

I have it going in CbB CakewalkbyBandlab on win 8.1.
First start with default patch gave a stuck note. After that i don't have had any problem so far.
I've loaded patches and saved my own. I've clicked, doubleclicked, rightclicked and dragged on every knob and slider.
No crash or freeze.
I do not know enough about oscillators, modulators and envelopes to be able to say if it reacts to changes as it should.

Return to “Instruments”