Electronic Funk: Funk Inn

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ohai! Presenting:

..uptempo electronic funk track: "EatMe - Funk Inn" ..

https://soundcloud.com/eatme/funk-inn

..a free download on eatme.pro/music ..
..some rights reserved.. (CC) BY-NC-ND 3.0 ..see eatme.pro/about for more info..

Enjoy!

Vocoder part is very muddy. Can't understand a word. Needs some EQ love. Otherwise, cool sounding if a bit lacking in variety. A lead would be nice. Right now, sounds like a loop. Doesn't start to go someplace until 3/4 through the song. By then, I've turned to another station.

Definitely something here to work with. Just needs some variety and EQ on the vocoder.

I have not used a vocoder, and there are no lyrics?

I think wagtunes has replied to the wrong topic. I see a topic below with a vocoder.

EatMe wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:58 pm I have not used a vocoder, and there are no lyrics?

I think wagtunes has replied to the wrong topic. I see a topic below with a vocoder.
Starting around the 25 second mark, whatever that is, it sounds like a vocoder vocal. If it's not, it still sounds like it.

I absolutely have no idea what you are on about. Vocoder? Vocal? Are you listening to the song Funk Inn?

EatMe wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:15 pm I absolutely have no idea what you are on about. Vocoder? Vocal? Are you listening to the song Funk Inn?
Cheese and crackers. Yes, I'm listening to Funk Inn. Obviously, whatever instrument you have coming in at the 25 second mark isn't a voceder but THAT'S WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE.

Now, why don't you tell me exactly what instrument is coming in around the 25 second mark.

Sheesh.

I think wags means the synth stabby sound that comes in @24 seconds? I could be wrong. Either way, I really enjoyed it. Great up beat track and nice sounds. Good work! :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:24 pm I think wags means the synth stabby sound that comes in @24 seconds? I could be wrong. Either way, I really enjoyed it. Great up beat track and nice sounds. Good work! :tu:
Yes, it sounds like vocoded vocals to me. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's going to think so. I mean I'm not deaf.

It's Sylenth1 at 25s that gets added. 1 pluck track and 1 track ramping in before the pluck.

jethrobull wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:24 pm I think wags means the synth stabby sound that comes in @24 seconds? I could be wrong. Either way, I really enjoyed it. Great up beat track and nice sounds. Good work! :tu:
Thank you very much!

EatMe wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:52 pm It's Sylenth1 at 25s that gets added. 1 pluck track and 1 track ramping in before the pluck.
Well, it still sounds like what it sounds like to me. And if that's how bad it sounds, thank God I never bought Sylenth1. IMO, one of the most overrated synths ever.

@wagtunes: It is very fair on the CPU. You don't know what you're missing out on. But you don't need it since you already have 78 great synths. These are probably able to do much more than Sylenth1 can do alone.

EatMe wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:14 pm @wagtunes: It is very fair on the CPU. You don't know what you're missing out on. But you don't need it since you already have 78 great synths. These are probably able to do much more than Sylenth1 can do alone.
I understand that Sylenth1 is a very popular synth and everybody uses it, but I demo'd it and it just left me cold. It doesn't do anything that my other synths can't do.

I know what Wags is referring to when he's saying Vocoder. I thought it was at first.
Its got a good vibe to it, but needs to be developed in terms of arrangement...

I'm getting all kind of vague tips..

"EQ Love".. "terms of arrangement"..

Could you please elaborate a little what you mean?

I have made an arrangement with my song..
I have made a pouting mouth towards my EQ. That didn't do it.

Return to “Music Cafe”