Reason Rack VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you haven't seen the thread in hosts, Reason 11 is out. This means you can now bring Reason instruments into a DAW with the Reason Rack plugin.

The inexpensive intro version (€79) gives you Europa, Thor, Monotone, Subtractor, Kong, Rytmik, NN-XT, Redrum and more. That seems like great value to me. A stack of 2x Monotones & Europa was enough to return me to the fold.
https://www.reasonstudios.com/en/reason/rack-plugin

NB) Supported plugin format is VST3. AU version will ship before EOY.

https://youtu.be/UPYbkUc205k

yup its awesome, I upgraded to suite. ONLY gripe I have is the players don't send out midi :-(

I'm waiting for some user reports regarding stability and performance, but it's a very interesting development. Always found ReWire clunky and not worth the hassle, but since I have an old version of Reason, I'm eligible for the upgrade.

GUI seems ridiculously small to me on my Retina display
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

acid alex wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:46 pm GUI seems ridiculously small to me on my Retina display
As I’ve said elsewhere, I will not give Propellerhead (not calling them “Reason Studios”, sigh) more money until they update their bitmaps for high-PPI displays. Hell, my 27” 12,2 iMac isn’t retina, and I still think Reason is too hard to look at.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

This new Reason Rack is fantastic (at least in concept). So far I have not had any stability problems, but I have not used it in anger yet. But Reason was the DAW I started with, and the instruments in Reason are the ones I also learned a lot with. So it is delightful to have them available again in my current DAW, with all the CV and Audio patching fun :)

acid alex wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:46 pm GUI seems ridiculously small to me on my Retina display
Oh yeah this is a problem... I agree.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:23 pm I'm waiting for some user reports regarding stability and performance
So far, it has been quite solid in regards to stability. One thing that I have noticed though, is that opening the browser panel will sometimes cause the mouse scroll wheel to stop working within Cubase 10... all scroll wheel functionality within the DAW no longer works, until I quit-and-reload the project.

I am trying to narrow down what, when and where the issue pops up, but it does seem to have something to do with opening and/or closing the browser panel.

Can anyone else confirm?

So I don't have to use rewire in Studio one anymore? You just run "reason rack' as kind of a VST within your DAW?
Sounds promising. :hyper:

Yeah Reason intro is an incredible value now. That's a lot of classic instruments for under a hundred dollars.

mrsugmad wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:41 am So I don't have to use rewire in Studio one anymore? You just run "reason rack' as kind of a VST within your DAW?
Sounds promising. :hyper:
Found an answer to my own question on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRCwqdkorSA

Can anyone confirm if the official release has correct delay compensation? Just load up an empty Rack FX, bounce it and see if there's any delay in the waveform compared to the original. During the beta, at least that's a problem in Cubase where there's always a 64-sample delay

Kong alone worth the 79 euro for the intro edition
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

I upgraded the standard edition for $129.
Interesting Propellerhead only has a download.
Musicians friend and Sweetwater have the boxed version for the same price. (Free shipping)
I always get the boxed version, so if you have to reload it's much faster.

It should be noted that it's not running correctly in every DAW. On OS X I own:

Ableton Live 10 Suite- works fine so far.

Bitwig 8 Track - works fine

Reaper - crashes Reaper every time I try to instantiate an instrument.

DP10 - Shows up in DP's plug in manager as passed, does not show up as a plug in in DP tracks, just gone....

Logic- The AU version is not ready yet so it doesn't run in Logic.

Return to “Instruments”