IDM track for feedback (think Aphex)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's a calm Ambient track that should feel flowy.
Think Aphex is just so, the right people open this topic and get involved with the feedback.
The track is created in FL11 (no, I will never upgrade to 12).
I make music based on things I hear in my dreams, but thats common these days :)
https://soundcloud.com/seldt/seldt-drem-15-2-2

Hello AndonHH,your track is really ambient and the vibe is good.The mix have some problems,(to my ears and opinion) the pad sound is to much dominant in the mix and muddy the all the others elements as bass (you can make some space cuting about 300-450 hz in pad sound) ,the drums are a little bit distored.Im sure you can improve it with minor tweaks.Gretings!

I agree with the above poster. This track needs some serious EQ. Not the worst mix I've ever heard but really not so great. Musically, can use a little bit more diversity. Not enough variation to justify almost 5 minutes.

mcanicos wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:44 pm Hello AndonHH,your track is really ambient and the vibe is good.The mix have some problems,(to my ears and opinion) the pad sound is to much dominant in the mix and muddy the all the others elements as bass (you can make some space cuting about 300-450 hz in pad sound) ,the drums are a little bit distored.Im sure you can improve it with minor tweaks.Gretings!
Thank you for the feedback! I am aware this track sounds muddy overall, but that was intentionally as it had to be like out of a dream, I wanted to have even more reverb to morph all the sounds together, but it was just too much when I put it there si I removed it. I will try what you sudgested about the cut and see how it sounds after, the distorted drums again were like this with intention, but I think I have much to learn about making that distorted sound work and not sound off. Thank you :) :D :tu:

wagtunes wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:10 pm I agree with the above poster. This track needs some serious EQ. Not the worst mix I've ever heard but really not so great. Musically, can use a little bit more diversity. Not enough variation to justify almost 5 minutes.
Thank you for your repply! I should have wrote the idea behind the track in the intro post. It's a track that helps me fall asleep or assists me durring a silent meditation, so it has to be long and draggy if that makes sense. Will do a better job on writing a brief introduction to the next tracks. Thank you! :tu: :phones:

BTW should I just post my next track here again or should I create a new topic for each of the future tracks? I don't want to make the forum messy you know. Thanks!

Unless you're going to be posting a lot of music on a regular basis it's probably better just to make a new thread each time.

Vortifex wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:30 pm Unless you're going to be posting a lot of music on a regular basis it's probably better just to make a new thread each time.
this!
as long as it's not like 10 separate threads a day.
but it's easier for listeners to see if you have posted a new piece 8)

will have a listen to the above later(hoping i will get near the studio).

have you removed it?

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:58 pm have you removed it?
Yes, sorry here it is: https://soundcloud.com/andonhristovseld ... rem-15-2-2

AndonHH wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:18 pm
vurt wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:58 pm have you removed it?
Yes, sorry here it is: https://soundcloud.com/andonhristovseld ... rem-15-2-2
thanks, comment soon :)

Will post my tracks for feedback here then :) A track a day or something. I am just happy, to get feedback from people who actually know their stuff. Used to post for feedback on forums (wont mention names) and people just started comment wars with me observing the chaos as it unfolded.

i liked it, can definitely hear an aphex "selected ambient works" influence in here :)
id have to disagree with wags about the length, if anything its too short :hihi:
some of the parts could go on longer so it changes less often.

and while i hear what the others are saying about the mix, that is part of that "saw" sound, and as that's what you where going for, i think you've done well :tu:

look forward to more in the future :)

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:28 pm i liked it, can definitely hear an aphex "selected ambient works" influence in here :)
id have to disagree with wags about the length, if anything its too short :hihi:
some of the parts could go on longer so it changes less often.

and while i hear what the others are saying about the mix, that is part of that "saw" sound, and as that's what you where going for, i think you've done well :tu:

look forward to more in the future :)
Aw man, I cant tell you how happy this makes me!!! It looks like you felt exactly what vibe I was going for here :) So you recon I can have this track be released in my upcoming album? Other tracks will be more lively and there is another one that goes for the SAW vibe. I was listening to your music just now and I really liked this one "08_joy_turns_to_fear.mp3" Its awesome work! :phones: :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”