Best budget guitar vst(amps,preamps,fx,so on)

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Free doesn't count,it must be paid simulation of something or fx with discount or attractive price,based on how it sounds and sit inside the mix in your opinion,my top two budget amps now are:
1.Grid machine II - Nice on everything(not just guitar tracks)
2.Kuassa Caliburn - very nice distinguish sound
I'm writing this because i'm interested what other affordable stuff i miss :)Cheers :)

Mercuriall SS-11X is $30. One of the best sims available and cheap considering.

Nembrini releases new amp sims every now and then for $29.99 intro. They are very top notch but cost $137 a month after intro price...so wait and don't hesitate?

LePou used to make a VST based on the Wampler Cranked AC pedal. 32-bit only but free.

OP hates freedom remember.

On topic grind machine is fun but 60 of the 63 total amps sound like a scooped metal zone. And they absolutely hate 3rd party impulses.

Some of those PA amps go on sale for dirt cheap sometimes. PA impulses are crap but the engl and mesa sims are ok.

Vadim has a bunch of amps for a few dollars.

The best cheap amp sim generally comes down to what kind you want, since you're best bet is generally one very good amp sim that does exactly what you want, rather than something with 50 amps that are all bad.

In my case I like S-gear for clean and crunch, but for certain distortion you need a pedal behind it. I use external pedal vsts for that, or I'll plug in a real pedal.

Every time something new comes out I try it but I always end up going back to S-gear. Something about it just seems to take pedals decently and it plays well. I honestly wish I'd find something new that blows it out of the water.

Best is subjective. You can find some sims below.
https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/paid/a ... rchpagenav
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I really like the other Kuassa amps, too - Vermilion and Creme.

You won't get a good sound easily pre-100 bucks, specially if you want options.

Best deal out there is currently getting a cheaper version of TH-U (like "rock") for 80 euro (currently no discount). These have the rig player, then start getting the profiles from Choptones which are around 30-50 euro's (has discounts currently).

https://overloud.com/shop

bharris22 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:16 pm I really like the other Kuassa amps, too - Vermilion and Creme.
I second that.

Return to “Guitars”