Architect: Does anyone have a * macro/script

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oh sorry, for some reason i thought it was you. Anyways, Id love to use wigout, so can you elaborate on how I get it to be mapped to a parameter of a plugin inside architects mixer? I feel like a big failure for still not managing it! :D

prinznika wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:54 pm oh sorry, for some reason i thought it was you. Anyways, Id love to use wigout, so can you elaborate on how I get it to be mapped to a parameter of a plugin inside architects mixer? I feel like a big failure for still not managing it! :D
No, that's me! I've not used a wigout myself - in fact, not heard of it until today! - but I'll make a note to look into this tomorrow.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

thanks colin!

prinznika wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:17 pm thanks colin!
No problem. Could you send me a link to a page containing the wigout MIDI specs or documentation: so far, all my google searching for the term "wigout" has found is style-enhancing shampoo, and I'm pretty certain that isn't what you're plugging into Architect.

Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

You underestimate the power of your own community ;)
viewtopic.php?p=7322368#p7322368

in this post there is also a link to a page explaining what it is about:
https://sites.evergreen.edu/arunchandra ... triktraks/

prinznika wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:27 am You underestimate the power of your own community ;)
viewtopic.php?p=7322368#p7322368

in this post there is also a link to a page explaining what it is about:
https://sites.evergreen.edu/arunchandra ... triktraks/
Perfect, thank you. I'll take a look.

If someone wants a really basic chorder.

edit: Thanks to Tom( ThomasHelzle ) now Scales are working
https://youtu.be/vOrQ9BAdPJI
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi, does anyone have something to sequence cc control channel numbers. I would like to use an lfo to sequence cc channel numbers themselves, not the values from the channel. Thay are needed to sequence presets in Riffer, which uses cc's 39 - 48 to do this. I want to be able to control preset switching with some lfo or randomish control signal

fairlyclose wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:57 pm Hi, does anyone have something to sequence cc control channel numbers. I would like to use an lfo to sequence cc channel numbers themselves, not the values from the channel. Thay are needed to sequence presets in Riffer, which uses cc's 39 - 48 to do this. I want to be able to control preset switching with some lfo or randomish control signal
Creating CC's can be done with the [pack controller] module, and it's easy enough just to wire the output of your source into the first inlet to specify which controller number to create.

The LFO issue is a bit stickier, as the current Architect library doesn't have a built-in LFO. I'm working on a definitive LFO macro, so if you're happy to wait for a bit, I can finish that off and send you a copy. Alternatively, if it's something you need ASAP, I can create a quick Lua script LFO that won't be general purpose, but will fit your particular needs. If that's the case, let me know and I'll get on it!

colin@loomer wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:45 am
fairlyclose wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:57 pm Hi, does anyone have something to sequence cc control channel numbers. I would like to use an lfo to sequence cc channel numbers themselves, not the values from the channel. Thay are needed to sequence presets in Riffer, which uses cc's 39 - 48 to do this. I want to be able to control preset switching with some lfo or randomish control signal
Creating CC's can be done with the [pack controller] module, and it's easy enough just to wire the output of your source into the first inlet to specify which controller number to create.

The LFO issue is a bit stickier, as the current Architect library doesn't have a built-in LFO. I'm working on a definitive LFO macro, so if you're happy to wait for a bit, I can finish that off and send you a copy. Alternatively, if it's something you need ASAP, I can create a quick Lua script LFO that won't be general purpose, but will fit your particular needs. If that's the case, let me know and I'll get on it!
thanks Colin - i can wait, no hurry. I have a workaround in Reaper that is ok for the moment

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:56 am thanks Colin - i can wait, no hurry. I have a workaround in Reaper that is ok for the moment
Superb, thank you.

A snippet of Lua code that may be of interest to folks, especially those with Max backgrounds. If you name your outlets the same as separate functions in the Lua script module, you can use a jump table as below. The rule() function shows parameter passing, bang() shows passing results out an outlet:

Code: Select all

function rule( r )
  print( string.format( 'calling rule() with %d', r ))
end

function seed( s )
  print( 'calling seed()' )
end

function bang( b )
  arc.module.outlets[1]:send( 'BANG!' )
end

function arc.module.receive(inlet, object)
  fstr = arc.module.inlets[inlet]:getName()
  _G[fstr]( object )
end
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

I'm still pretty new to this kind of thinking so would appreciate if anyone can offer some advice on how to achieve this.

I want to mix between two different data sources using a switch, I essentially want it in its default state to be alternating back and forth between 0 and 1 equally and then gradually biasing towards 1 of the two values until eventually it's only a 1 or only a 0

In fact, for my purposes, the ideal would be that it starts of as entirely 0, moves through being predominantly 0 to predominantly 1 to finally being entirely 1.

Anyone have any ideas on how I could achieve this? I'd be so so grateful as I'm using this in a project that I'm on a bit of a deadline for!

EDIT: It'd be great if the control for this was a crossfade of some sort so it could be automated with curves in the timeline (Which, Colin if you read this, would be amazing to have as an independent module)

Petajaja wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:55 amIt'd be great if the control for this was a crossfade of some sort so it could be automated with curves in the timeline (Which, Colin if you read this, would be amazing to have as an independent module)
Then you'll be pleased to hear that's done already for the next build. There is a (slightly convoluted) way of doing this in the public release: use a [numeric destination] module, which you can map (using the "Target" property) to an existing automation curve.

But as for your original query, I'd:

* Create an automation curve that goes from 0 to 1 over however long you want the process to last.
* Map a [numeric destination] to this.
* Connect the [numeric destination] to both inlets of a [Bernoulli distribution].
* The output from this module will (randomly) be either 0 or 1, but will start biased towards 0 and end up biased towards 1.

If you've not used it before, the Bernoulli distribution outputs randomly either 0 or 1, but you can specify the `p` value, which is the chance of 1 being output. So the default of 0.5 outputs each with equal chance. 0.1 means 10% will be 0. 1.0 means that it will always be a 1.

Does that sort you out? If you'd prefer to see a working patch rather than a description, just let me know and I'll upload this very example.

Happy to hear that about the next build, very excited for it!

Thanks for your explanation, I'll give it a try and it's definitely a good way to achieve what I'm going for.

Out of curiosity (and potentially this would suit what I'm going for in terms of get consistent playback each time)

Is there a way that I could do the above without randomity being involved? so the result of the automation curve going from 0 - 1 could look something like :

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1
0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1
0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1
0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1
0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

I generally don't use a lot of randomity in my music (though it's probably something I should experiment with more!)
So the more control I have over the process, the happier I am (generally) though I love when things are complex to the point of seeming random

I get the feeling there's probably a really easy way to achieve the above or similar progressions without having to program it in value by value or triggering different patterns containing different combinations of 1s and 0s in repeating patterns.

I'll definitely read up on Bernoulli distribution and experiment with is as it does seem like a very useful tool. I'm still only making use of probably 1% of the modules within Architect so welcome any suggestions for others that may be useful for similar purposes.

Return to “Loomer”