One Synth Challenge #127: Any One u-he Synth (Carl_saved wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@bjporter - need help to log in voting, I sent you a pm few days ago, please...

Voted!
Great efforts all round with some real stand out tracks getting the high 5 from me
Will try and comment on SC over next few days

Voted ! Was really exhausting ,plenty of tough decisions to make .

I would like to vote but I run into this message creating an account even when I have all the fields filled out. Never made an account before..

"Error creating Account - make sure Email, username are filled out, and passwords match; Username or email may have been used as well!"

Sorry if I am being dense or missing something here.

EDIT: admins got me sorted, thanks :)
Last edited by daily patcher on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

qoyl wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:20 pm I would like to vote but I run into this message creating an account even when I have all the fields filled out. Never made an account before..

"Error creating Account - make sure Email, username are filled out, and passwords match; Username or email may have been used as well!"

Sorry if I am being dense or missing something here.
I just had the same problem, but after filling all the fields again, it worked

Phew! :dog: Hard work indeed. Big ups to all who submitted a track. :clap: :clap:

Hard to rate on sound design as I/we don't have access to all the commercial synths used. So, for me, composition, arrangement, choice of e.g. leads/bass etc, drum programming/playing, solo programming/playing etc played a bit more prominence. :phones:

Inevitably there will some part of my rating based on subjective criteria as well. Simply can't help that.

I have used the range 2-5 (1 for me of course!). I have tried to make comments on all the tracks. Hope my "insights" are useful, if not, please feel free to ignore. Thanks for the 55 listens! :tu: :tu:

So … ********DoctorBob has VOTED ********

dB

voted.
enjoyed the listening :phones: :clap:
not so much the voting itself :ud:
Have a nice day :)

(i hope that some noise in my vote gets canceled by the law of large numbers)

Voted

Thinking about my voting process reminds of the "laws are like sausages" quote...
but at the end of the day, my votes are in and my stomach is full.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Voted!

It was hard. I used the whole 1-5 because I wanted to truly premiate my most favourite ones (I missed a 1-10 range). I ended discovering veeery nice tracks and little gems.
My votes were mostly biased by what the track made me feel and the composition. Maybe I was too hard on my votes (maybe about ~20% of the tracks were on my 1pt drawer (including mine btw)), but just because they didn't said me anything in any aspect.

My favourites were:
Watching them go - Super joyful but also melancholic track. I reeeally enjoyed it.
UC - This is pure (agressive) energy. Very oppressive.
Hello from the asylum final - The crazyness as a song.
Harbinger - I'm not even into drum & bass. But maybe, with songs like this... I should be in.
Rev02 - Feels like a super calm and relaxed space trip.
Identity Crisis - I know Id listen to this again while programing. I loved it.
Revitalising - Reminds me a bit to Cavestory a bit. And I love Cavestory OST.
Resound Unwound - IMHO, probably the most special in terms of sound and atmosphere. Beautiful but eerie, bright but dark... hard to describe. I really liked it.
Across the Mountains of Canungra - I f"$·% loved that one. I think that it reminded me to one of my favourite albums ever, Hergest Ridge (by Mike Oldfield). Like an electronic approach to Hergest Ridge. I will listen to it again while hiking for sure.
Those last 3, are probably my top ones.

And last thing on my long message, thank you so much to the ones who listened to my track and put a comment/critic! The feedback was great, and always helpful, so many thanks :party:
Last edited by Suzuka on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voted, many really good tracks!

voooooted.

well that was insane. you guys are killing it.

first time i did this but i actually graded on a curve. and tbh it kinda hurt to do that b/c there were some crazy nice tunes in there that got pushed down just b/c you guys have pushed the average quality so high.

anyways - glad there people out there making rad tunes of all kinds and really pushing the limits of sound design with synthesizers makes me a happy dude

ez

Voted.. tough choice :) anyway congratulations to all who submitted a track :)

As everyone points out. Voting was tough. I gave out more 4s than I typically do but I got exhausted trying to split hairs. I try to grade on a curve- where 3 is the median, 4s are tracks that stand out, and 5s are the exceptional entries. But the quality is so good that it's getting difficult to parse.

jasinski wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:30 pm As everyone points out. Voting was tough. I gave out more 4s than I typically do but I got exhausted trying to split hairs. .....
I agree. A lot of talent with some good/powerful synths makes good music, but not so fun to rate.

Return to “Instruments”