Catalina and plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, after a day this thread got everything a blockbuster movie needs today :D
We all know that the real Apple headquarter is on the dark side of the moon and macOS Catalina was build from taken souls with dark energy.
One OS to break them all..... :borg: :evil:
Nah´, i remember i get every year the same messages from most developers and mostly all is fine.
I also wonder what is wrong with core audio. Best thing ever in any OS for me.

Cinebient wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:03 pmI also wonder what is wrong with core audio. Best thing ever in any OS for me.
I wondered that too. One of my main reasons for making music on MacOS is the audio.

Cinebient wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:03 pm Oh, after a day this thread got everything a blockbuster movie needs today :D
Everything, except for the sex :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:23 am
Cinebient wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:03 pm Oh, after a day this thread got everything a blockbuster movie needs today :D
There was that too! Trust me! :party: :evil:

Installed Catalina tonight, and Logic, Live and Reason all work fine. Tested all of my plugins and they all work fine.

The only things that won’t work are the standalone versions of the Korg Legacy Edition plugins, but I knew that before I updated.

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:48 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm Apple sucks. Apple always has sucked. Apple always WILL suck.

Windows user since DOS 3.0

Apple can burn in hell along with Camel Audio for all I care.
This.
How many apple users spam pc threads on kvr? Not many I'd wager but if they do, these saddos should be publicly ridiculed just as much as you two.

Mods : My post is on topic, I use mac and would prefer not to stumble across such man-childs in my threads but hey, no biggie.

(I use both Mac and Win, is that necessary to state?)
Last edited by samsam on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not much sex from Windows trolls on forums, quite uptight by definition.

samsam wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:09 am(I use both Mac and Win, is that necessary to state?)
Err, yeah. You need to choose a side, and then be prepared to fall on your sword :shrug:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

plexuss wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:14 am
There was that too! Trust me! :party: :evil:
:scared: :hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:37 am Installed Catalina tonight, and Logic, Live and Reason all work fine. Tested all of my plugins and they all work fine.

The only things that won’t work are the standalone versions of the Korg Legacy Edition plugins, but I knew that before I updated.
that's good news!

any driver issues? soundcard working well?

i read a while back how updates to catalina will be less problematic than new installations because of the need for devs to make new installers or whatever... i guess if everything is already installed it's less of an issue? or is that just some BS someone made up?

anyway.. nice to hear some positive feedback. hopefully there's not a 2nd shoe that drops in a week or a .x update.

dayjob wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:40 ami read a while back how updates to catalina will be less problematic than new installations because of the need for devs to make new installers or whatever... i guess if everything is already installed it's less of an issue? or is that just some BS someone made up?
It might be true that updating is currently the most workable option. I would worry, however, that when Apple finally ends their 'grace' period (January 2020, supposedly) that having all that legacy code hanging around on the system might cause some kind of conflict.

Despite the cries that Apple's yearly releases royally screw up compatibility, it hasn't really seemed that way for a while. Most of the last OS revisions seemed iterative - Evolution, not revolution - and I don't remember there being this kind of 'upset' in a while. To that end, I think it would probably be advisable to make Catalina a completely fresh install , and that those that have critical projects to complete should avoid upgrading until all the plugins they rely on are Cat-approved!

Just my opinion, though.

samsam wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:09 am
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:48 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm Apple sucks. Apple always has sucked. Apple always WILL suck.

Windows user since DOS 3.0

Apple can burn in hell along with Camel Audio for all I care.
This.
How many apple users spam pc threads on kvr?
On the internet in general? Quite a few. Dunno about here. It seems to be more popular here to recommend Reaper in every second thread, with no connection whatsoever. Same thing, sort of.

I know some Mac users in real life who will tell you that their computers are so much easier to use than Windows computers, and have much less bugs. I usually laugh it off, especially as my personal experience with Mac computers suggests the opposite. At least i had more than one occasion where i kept struggling with the way Apple teaches their users to use their computers, opposed to be able to just use the computer the way YOU want.

Cool story bro.

So, how are the Mac users getting on? Not taking the plunge myself right now as no current interest in updating but useful thread nonetheless, our kid has just got a new Mac so I need to know on behalf of her.

samsam wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:05 am Cool story bro.

So, how are the Mac users getting on? Not taking the plunge myself right now as no current interest in updating but useful thread nonetheless, our kid has just got a new Mac so I need to know on behalf of her.
Not quite there yet, myself. I've downloaded the installer, but I just need to back up some user-data from my Sierrs partition, then I'll wipe and replace that with Catalina :tu:

All open source and free software programmers who cannot afford the 99$/€ yearly subscription fee to Apple are locked out... That is more of a loss than not being able to run 32-bit apps... Apple considers those probably being terrorists anyway...

Return to “Instruments”