Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to all.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Unaspected
KVRian
1168 posts since 4 May, 2012

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:13 am

Nice parody. :D

sjm
KVRAF
1985 posts since 17 Apr, 2004

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:19 am

ProfessionalTom wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:47 am
AsPeeXXXVIII wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:43 am
I smell another spammer.
Well why? It's a technqiue my friend (who is a pro producer) showed me long time ago. World needs to know this stuff!
Anything offered up as "Other producers hate me for showing them to all" is 200% guaranteed to be spam/clickbait*.

* Unless it's a conspiracy theory
Voted KVR's resident drunk Robert Smith impersonator (thanks Frantz!)

https://soundcloud.com/steevm/

vurt
addled muppet weed
56537 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Re: Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:23 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 am
vurt wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:05 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:56 am
I watched about 30 seconds of this and it's the most amateurish video I've ever seen.

There is a massive disparity between the kick drum and the voiceover, followed by the audible "f**k". Back to YouTube school for you.
wait! are you saying if i do a video channel, if i swear it's a no no?
ffs, that's f**ked me right in the c**t.
:hihi:

Not if one calls themselves a professional ;)
certainly no dangers there then :D
thank f**k.

ProfessionalTom
KVRian
568 posts since 10 Oct, 2019

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:39 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:05 am
Before you became a professional did you bu the name ‘AmateurTom’? Enquiring minds want to know :shrug:
Before I became an enlightened professional, I was just Tom.
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:40 am

Kongru wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:03 am
Whatever you're selling, I ain't buying
Well I've got a lot knowledge to sell! ;)
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:43 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 am

Not if one calls themselves a professional ;)
Sometimes you gotta swear to deliver the message, you know.

imrae
KVRian
892 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

I didn't watch the video, just here to see the inevitable trainwreck in comments

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Unaspected wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:13 am
Nice parody. :D
I'm glad you liked it ;)

nordickvr
KVRian
1195 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:44 am

Mushy Mushy wrote:
I watched about 30 seconds of this and it's the most amateurish video I've ever seen.

There is a massive disparity between the kick drum and the voiceover, followed by the audible "f**k". Back to YouTube school for you.
You'r right, a tutorial about audio techniques from someone who is unable to balance his voice against a kick is questionable.
But, must be said that two tracks are a lot to manage.

:ud:

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:45 am

sjm wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:19 am

Anything offered up as "Other producers hate me for showing them to all" is 200% guaranteed to be spam/clickbait*.

* Unless it's a conspiracy theory
They just don't want to see their secret technqiues revealed. That's all.

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:46 am

imrae wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:43 am
I didn't watch the video, just here to see the inevitable trainwreck in comments
It's a valuable piece of knowledge. I think you can learn from my video plenty of stuff. Bonus trick I mentioned there is a real time saving technique.

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:47 am

nordickvr wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:44 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:

You'r right, a tutorial about audio techniques from someone who is unable to balance his voice against a kick is questionable.

I just wanted you all to hear the awesome punchiness of kick.

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:48 am

ProfessionalTom wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:47 am
nordickvr wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:44 am
Mushy Mushy wrote:

I just wanted you all to hear the awesome punchiness of kick after my subtle adjustments.

imrae
KVRian
892 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:49 am

ProfessionalTom wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:46 am
imrae wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:43 am
It's a valuable piece of knowledge. I think you can learn from my video plenty of stuff. Bonus trick I mentioned there is a real time saving technique.
The thread title doesn't say "valuable piece of knowledge", it says "secret EQ techniques". Are they actually a secret? Do "other producers hate you" because this is really threatening their interests?

ravasb
KVRian
875 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:54 am

This makes me nostalgic for the old DUBTurbo videos.

Return to “Production Techniques”