Yggdrasil: a Minilogue ambient improv piece

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
AsPeeXXXVIII
KVRian
522 posts since 17 Aug, 2015 from Finland

Post Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:41 am

I was gonna wait until Wednesday to reveal this, but as with everything I do, I just couldn't wait. So, here's an ambient improv piece I did on my Minilogue, titled "Yggdrasil".

The track consists of two parts. The first part is a bassline that I programmed with the synth's built-in sequencer, which I then improvised a lead part over.

What you're hearing here is the Minilogue completely unprocessed. No additional processing has been applied, aside from some tape saturation on the master bus.

Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/bvxUa4Sb7Kk
"Creativity is a lot like sex. When it's spontaneous, it's good, but forcing it makes it bad."
My metal music | My electronic music

seismic1
KVRAF
9357 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Re: Yggdrasil: a Minilogue ambient improv piece

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:41 pm

Great late-night listening here. It might be worth adding some reverb or maybe even a mild delay to the lead synth to take away some of the "up-front" sonic character.

Good work :)

AsPeeXXXVIII
KVRian

Post Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:32 am

seismic1 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:41 pm
Great late-night listening here. It might be worth adding some reverb or maybe even a mild delay to the lead synth to take away some of the "up-front" sonic character.

Good work :)
Much appreciated! c:
"Creativity is a lot like sex. When it's spontaneous, it's good, but forcing it makes it bad."

Seva Randeep Sing
KVRer
11 posts since 6 Oct, 2019 from Roermond, The Netherlands

Post Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:51 am

Great stuff :-)

Benedict
KVRAF
3213 posts since 5 Mar, 2004 from Gold Coast Australia

Post Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:54 pm

It is funny how upset people seem to be these days when they consider a track to be too 'up-front' or 'in their face'. I keep seeing it in responses like it is a hate crime or something. In every case, I find they are the tracks that I can listen to and enjoy better as they have something interesting to say. Music should be getting under your skin; if it doesn't then you are doing it wrong.

You warned that there was minimal processing and yes it is dry and a delay could soften it is bit but the directness is nice too. If I were sent this to mix, I think I would find myself backing off on the processing to keep the vulnerability of the feel that reverb etc will destroy.

Nice
:-)

AsPeeXXXVIII
KVRian

Post Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:35 am

Thanks, Benedict! c:

seismic1
KVRAF
9357 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:09 pm

Benedict wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:54 pm
It is funny how upset people seem to be these days when they consider a track to be too 'up-front' or 'in their face'. I keep seeing it in responses like it is a hate crime or something.
I don't recall being upset when I made the comment. I thought the track was rather good. Good enough to listen to 3 or 4 times.

Return to “Music Cafe”