HM - Rocket To The Stars

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by htcnext2 on Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Some very nice parts to this song - good variety.
Liked the ethnic plucks at 1:47>
pretty good subtle vocals adds a human touch,
and some good rhythmic elements too.
I'm still trying to work out if I like how the song ends or not.
Overall, v.good. :tu:

It's got one of those sound profiles where it's like there's a party happening next-door or in the basement. Kept waiting for the veil to be lifted, to really open it up and let it breathe. And just at the moment it could've happened you chose to break it down. The hi-hat in the last third does give it a little more perspective, but...

That being said, I do like the feel of it :tu:

Wasn't sure what to expect with that title. I did a song "Rocket To The Stars" years ago that sounds nothing like this. That's for sure. :lol:

Anyway, low end seems a little muddy to my ears listening in headphones. Mix also sounds a little boxy in places. Nothing horrible. Just noticeable.

Musically, a bit minimal but strangely not dull. It's an odd piece for sure. Nothing like what I expected.

Bansaw wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:52 pm Some very nice parts to this song - good variety.
Liked the ethnic plucks at 1:47>
pretty good subtle vocals adds a human touch,
and some good rhythmic elements too.
I'm still trying to work out if I like how the song ends or not.
Overall, v.good. :tu:
thank you for listening! the four to the flour beat makes the track a bit predictable, not usually my style, just for another try. :wink:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:09 pm It's got one of those sound profiles where it's like there's a party happening next-door or in the basement. Kept waiting for the veil to be lifted, to really open it up and let it breathe. And just at the moment it could've happened you chose to break it down. The hi-hat in the last third does give it a little more perspective, but...

That being said, I do like the feel of it :tu:
You are right, the sound is overall a little taken back, not going for the big hit :hihi: but thanks for commenting and listening!

wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:03 pm Wasn't sure what to expect with that title. I did a song "Rocket To The Stars" years ago that sounds nothing like this. That's for sure. :lol:

Anyway, low end seems a little muddy to my ears listening in headphones. Mix also sounds a little boxy in places. Nothing horrible. Just noticeable.

Musically, a bit minimal but strangely not dull. It's an odd piece for sure. Nothing like what I expected.
Thank you Wagtunes, you are right with that 'minimal' connotation, I tried to reanimate the late 90's style of german minimal techno of the likes of Basic Channel, Maurizio, etc. I also used loops recorded with Audiomulch in an hopefully not usual way. :phones:

It's got quite a "deep" vibe with the sounds used being biased towards the low/mid freq range. I was imagining a sensory deprivation tank or maybe anaesthetic as a possibly inspiration. Nice atmosphere, and some interesting sounds/loops

I was confused by the "Explicit" indicator on SoundCloud.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:00 pm It's got quite a "deep" vibe with the sounds used being biased towards the low/mid freq range. I was imagining a sensory deprivation tank or maybe anaesthetic as a possibly inspiration. Nice atmosphere, and some interesting sounds/loops

I was confused by the "Explicit" indicator on SoundCloud.

Good work :)
Thank you for listening, seismic1. The explicit indicator refers to the picture, which contains some elements, that may not be consumable or usual or even bearable. These are just signs of my local experiences, as the photo was taken in the neighborhood..

I like that the mix eschews the common dancefloor formulas, this removes us to the place that you paint. Quite what that is I don't get on first listen but it is compelling all the same.

I'll note my usual complaint of lack of melody, but otherwise it is good work indeed.

:-)

Mysterious and intriguing. Pleasantly unpredictable. :tu:

I wasn't crazy about the lo-fi mix with the thumping kick.

I guess I’d call it quirky IDM. It does a good job of maintaining interest with just enough strangeness.

A good one.

Benedict wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:37 am I like that the mix eschews the common dancefloor formulas, this removes us to the place that you paint. Quite what that is I don't get on first listen but it is compelling all the same.

I'll note my usual complaint of lack of melody, but otherwise it is good work indeed.

:-)
Thanks, Benedict. :)

Frantz wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:28 am Mysterious and intriguing. Pleasantly unpredictable. :tu:

I wasn't crazy about the lo-fi mix with the thumping kick.
Thank you for listening! You are right with the 'mud' in the lower areas. I just wanted to give the mix some kind of warmth in an analogue style..

fastlanephil wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:48 am I guess I’d call it quirky IDM. It does a good job of maintaining interest with just enough strangeness.

A good one.
Thank you, fastlanephil. Appreciate your comment and listening.

Return to “Music Cafe”