AAS Ultra Analog VA-3 Synthesizer Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

But don't think that I hate the synth. You would be at light-years of the reality. I LOVE this synth !

I just criticize (gently and in a positive sense) AAS to have not added at least one of these so useful modulations simply between two oscillators to greatly enhance the possibilities of the synth. Dual layer is a nice addition, of course... but it doesn't add anything to the actual synthesis, while these features that I talk about would greatly increase the possibilities to create brand new sounds from this architecture with in fact very few additional code given that they probably perfectly know these techniques since the development of Tassman years ago.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Don't own Ultra Analog, but hope that AAS Chromaphone also gets resizable GUI soon ;)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I am no programmer, but I assume there are good reasons why they don't add those things. Probably it would mean a considerable increase in the CPU load if it is supposed to sound good.

e-crooner wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:58 pm I am no programmer, but I assume there are good reasons why they don't add those things. Probably it would mean a considerable increase in the CPU load if it is supposed to sound good.
A lot of synths are providing on/off toggling of individual features so that a disabled feature doesn't impact CPU use for sounds/presets that don't use it (how difficult such control can be may vary depending on the feature and the architecture of the synth, of course). Also can make backwards compatibility of presets more straight-forward.

beautiful synth. it now fills my screen :love:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

The VA-3 upgrade is better than I suspected, although I´m not that keen on the "double layer" -philosophy of the AAS new upgrade-line. The new browser makes a lot, the usability of soundpacks is now much better.
And AAS (and their sound architects) create some of the most beautiful synth sound ever.

here is an additional big thumbs-up on this synth
I have always loved it and with v.3.1 love it more
It's now even more bad-ass with the larger GUI

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Is there a way to filter/search for a patch by typing some text? I could not find a way to do that.

Also, are any other users running VA-2 or VA-3 on Windows 10 Pro (v1903) 64-bit having an issue with playback not working when they first start up the standalone application? No output channels show up in the audio settings for the currently selected Audio Device. In order to get playback working again, I have to make a change to the Audio Device in Setup.

I am using Windows Audio as the device (not the exclusive mode) and it defaults to a buffer size of 448 samples. I notice that if I simply change the buffer size (e.g. from 448 to 480), the standalone program crashes to desktop.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:04 am Is there a way to filter/search for a patch by typing some text? I could not find a way to do that.

Also, are any other users running VA-2 or VA-3 on Windows 10 Pro (v1903) 64-bit having an issue with playback not working when they first start up the standalone application? No output channels show up in the audio settings for the currently selected Audio Device. In order to get playback working again, I have to make a change to the Audio Device in Setup.

I am using Windows Audio as the device (not the exclusive mode) and it defaults to a buffer size of 448 samples. I notice that if I simply change the buffer size (e.g. from 448 to 480), the standalone program crashes to desktop.
Hello ! I think that they would be extremely interested if you send them a report. :arrow:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:22 pm
tonedef71 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:04 am Is there a way to filter/search for a patch by typing some text? I could not find a way to do that.

Hello ! I think that they would be extremely interested if you send them a report. :arrow:
Ugh. I am not feeling up to composing a report. I would rather be creating music instead.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

dude, just email them what you wrote here.

psynical wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:57 am dude, just email them what you wrote here.
No. He would rather create music instead :lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Bought.
Nice upgrade. Like the dual layer as it creates nice new euh layering options which the sound designers used to great effect.

UI was a bit small but this has been resolved.

I'm very happy to have upgraded too. It's so simple to use and come up with nice results!
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Some of the sounds are absolutely perfect. I have most of the preset packs, as I'm mostly a preset-surfer, and they are very good. I find the synth to be especially useful for basses, plucks, and bells. Not a huge fan of a lot of the lead noises as they sound a bit too "in your face", but that could probably be calmed down with some reverb. The "analog feel" to this synth is very nice as well. It sounds like a proper instrument as opposed to another thin-sounding VST.

Return to “Instruments”