2019 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jacqueslacouth wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:26 am And to help understand "slightly", I am 1/2 Scottish, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Geordie...and grew up 1/2 an hour out of Glasgow before heading to Australia to get lessons in self control... :drunk:
You were doomed from day 1 then.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

jacqueslacouth wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:26 am And to help understand "slightly", I am 1/2 Scottish, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Geordie...and grew up 1/2 an hour out of Glasgow before heading to Australia to get lessons in self control... :drunk:
:lol:
Blue Phase Music

drink up! we got economies to feed!

jacqueslacouth wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:26 am grew up 1/2 an hour out of Glasgow
ha! weegie!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:05 am o.O! Are these alien eggs?

Imagine when they hatch! :o

I'm as guilty of not cleaning my keyboard as the next man, but that's taking things too far!

Nuke it! Nuke it from orbit! It's the only way to be sure.

:borg:

machinesworking wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:38 pm
cptgone wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:00 pm I could get a discontinued MOTU at a discount, but being a PC user I didn't dare to. The Miditech doesn't require drivers, so I'm hoping things will work fine).
MOTU are usually really good with older drivers, but alas compliant is better IMO, especially if you're not getting some overtly complex beast like the MTP/AV.
Thanks for that info, I just noticed some people on Wintel PCs complaining.

Anyway, my Miditech interface arrived today, and it seems to work just fine. All I had to do was plug in the (supplied!) USB cable, and rout ins and outs in my DAW.
Hurray for open plugin standards ;)

Ok, I said I was done. But since I said I was done, I picked up an OP-Z for the semi-frequent flights I'm making these days. And a Deluge because I saw a guy at a meetup with one and it was so small and awesome. And a Sirin because I had $100 reverb credit and the 15% off in-app sale pushed my out of pocket expense down to $380.

Now I'm done.

Will be selling my JP-8080 though, as it's the odd man out. I do want to keep the same table space as my limitation. PM if you're interested in a really great condition, working JP-8080.

Adventure Audio Skin and Expressive E Touché SE on the way. :party: Time to poke and prod and wiggle things.

foosnark wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:41 am Adventure Audio Skin
Do you know at all how that compares to the Landscape AllFlesh thingies?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

are you two high?

/wanders over to poogle.

ah, i see. interesting 8)

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 am Do you know at all how that compares to the Landscape AllFlesh thingies?
I'm assuming it's basically the same dealio. I have an AllFlesh kit that I never got around to assembling, because I'm bad at DIY and kind of lazy and don't know where my soldering iron even is now. :oops:

Just looking at it, I wish Skin put all the jacks at one end and all the touchplates at the other so you could slide across uninterrupted, instead of having to go between cables. But it's dirt cheap even for an assembled module and I figure it's worth playing with.

I ordered a B-stock Red Panda Bitmap.
Had been eyeing it for a long time, passing up on some good offers - this one beats 'em all.
Will prolly be used mainly on synths and drum machines, as I already own a WMD Geiger Counter Pro (I hope the NSA isn't reading along - nor the DEA, WMD being a brand of meth hehe).

Not only did Roland make me wait 2 months for my SE02, they didn't include a USB cable, and talk about "mini USB" on the product page. Turns out I need micro USB 2.0 (not 3.0 AFAIK).
It's a pretty little synth, can't wait to hear her sing.

To avoid shipping fees, I also got a Behringer FBQ800 graphic EQ. I may end up taping it to the top bar of my Jaspers stand :scared:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”