Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to all.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Professional Tom,

I really need an advanced expert professional video on track coloring techniques. Should bass be blue and drums be red? Or is it better to use shades of grey? I am afraid I will never make any progress until I know the official professional approved correct colors to use. The League refuses to share this important information with the rest of us.

Thanks in advance,
Amateur Frantz

Wait for it......................

wagtunes wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:07 pm Kicks my go thump, thump, thump but Old Betsy goes boing, boing, boing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnDpsod-sFw
Unusual mixing in full effect.

Frantz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:29 pm Or is it better to use shades of grey?
Only if you have fifty of them.

Frantz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:29 pm Hi Professional Tom,

I really need an advanced expert professional video on track coloring techniques. Should bass be blue and drums be red? Or is it better to use shades of grey? I am afraid I will never make any progress until I know the official professional approved correct colors to use. The League refuses to share this important information with the rest of us.

Thanks in advance,
Amateur Frantz
Hello soon-to-be professional Frantz! Thanks for the question! This is the type of message I've been waiting for.

Great question! Coloring tracks is a tricky thing and many people get it wrong. Fun fact: once upon a time when I was a leader in a League I worked with a pro producer which mixes, overally were professional, but something just wasn't right to my ears. I was thinking about it all night couldn't figure out what was that, that drew my attention. I came back to the studio the next day, we shook hands like only professionals do and we opened a track in a daw.

Something immediately free my attention there. The colors of his instruments/tracks were all over the place! No sense at all, no balance in colors resulted in no punch in the mix.

When I noticed, he immediately knew. He turned red on his face. I looked at him and said: Jerry, you're fired.

I kept his gear as a punishment for this unforgivable mistake (well, I let him keep his Behringer gear).

He left without a word. He knew it was against the rules to do such an unprofessional mistake. I also took his professional badge and put it in the small box on my desk named: PWWPBITTBFMSAUMM which is an abbreviation for "people who were professionals but I took their badges for making stupid and unforgivable mixing mistakes."

So yes I take this seriously and I think this will be a third video on my channel. Thank you for the suggestion, Frantz!
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Frantz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:29 pm Hi Professional Tom,

Thanks in advance,
Amateur Frantz
Hello soon-to-be professional Frantz! Thanks for the question! This is the type of message I've been waiting for.

Great question! Coloring tracks is a tricky thing and many people get it wrong. Fun fact: once upon a time when I was a leader in a League I worked with a pro producer which mixes, overally were professional, but something just wasn't right to my ears. I was thinking about it all night and couldn't figure out what was that, that drew my attention. I came back to the studio the next day, we shook hands like only professionals do and we opened a track in a daw.

Something immediately drew my attention there. The colors of his instruments/tracks were all over the place! No sense at all, and no balance in colors resulted in no punch in the mix.

When I noticed, he immediately knew. He turned red on his face. I looked at him and said: Jerry, you're fired.

I kept his gear as a punishment for this unforgivable mistake (well, I let him keep his Behringer gear).

He left without a word. He knew it was against the rules to do such an unprofessional mistake. I also took his professional badge and put it in the small box on my desk named: PWWPBITTBFMSAUMM which is an abbreviation for "people who were professionals but I took their badges for making stupid and unforgivable mixing mistakes." It's a shame box in other words and you don't want to see your name there.

So yes I take this seriously and I think this will be a third video on my channel. Thank you much for the suggestion, Frantz!
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

[message deleted by League]

Hi Professional Tom,
What do you think of the new Clearmountain Domain plugin?

dark water wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:27 pm Hi Professional Tom,
What do you think of the new Clearmountain Domain plugin?
I'll tell you if you tell me how to delete a damn post from this forum.

It's a bit tricky but you have to make sure you hit the delete button in your keyboard (or the weird backspace thing in your phone) at the precise moment the silver owl gives his hoot.

{Message deleted by Harry Potter}

Reported!

ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:27 pm I'll tell you if you tell me how to delete a damn post from this forum.
You click the delete button next to your post. But it's only available to pro forum users.

sjm wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:35 pm
ProfessionalTom wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:27 pm I'll tell you if you tell me how to delete a damn post from this forum.
You click the delete button next to your post. But it's only available to pro forum users.
I'm posting from my phone but I don't think it's the issue here. And I feel like this forum is run by League folks so I don't expect to get a pro user rank.

Return to “Production Techniques”