Analog Obsession releases "RareSE" Mid/Side - Dual Mono Mastering EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Legend!

The modern-day re-creation of the legendary tube EQ plug-in “RareSE”, can give your tracks the massive bass, silky air, and addictive warmth that made the original a studio standard.

Juice your tracks with Mid/Side and Left/Right processing. Especially, created for bus processing and mastering with these features!

FEATURES

Dual-channel, two-band equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary units

Combines the vintage character of original units with the reliability of modern design

Oversampling for better processing

Bandwidth control lets you decide how wide a range you’re sculpting

Separate boost and cut controls provide additional creative potential

Mid/Side and Left/Right processing feature will give you better control on your tracks, busses or mastering

Link feature for Mid/Side or Left/Right

Mac

Supported Plug-in Formats

VST 2.4, VST3, AudioUnit

CPU
Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon

Memory
Minimum 4 GB RAM

Operating System
10.5 – 10.14.5

Screen Resolution
Minimum: 1024×768
Recommended: 1280×1024 / 1600×1024

Windows

Supported Plug-in Formats

VST 2.4, VST3

CPU
Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 / Xeon / AMD Quad-Core
Memory
Minimum 4 GB RAM

Operating System
Windows 7 with SP1 64 bit
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Windows 10 64 bit

Screen Resolution
Minimum: 1024×768
Recommended: 1280×1024 / 1600×1024

Intro Price just $29 till 1 November! (REG.$39)

https://analogobsession.com/product/rarese/
Last edited by AnalogObsession on Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Surely you can find someone who takes care of their hardware, rather than those who let their children use the faceplate for knife-throwing practice :tu:

"VST3" ready to download!
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:48 am Surely you can find someone who takes care of their hardware, rather than those who let their children use the faceplate for knife-throwing practice :tu:
:lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hi Analog Obsession,

I just tried the VST64.
There is something wrong. Simply initiating an instance, completely changes the sound (for the worse). There is some weird HPF going on with some other stuff affecting all frequencies. I'm using the L/R mode.

Also in the linked mode, only the top knobs work, so if this is intended, the lower panel and its knobs should be greyed out to signal that the user is not supposed to use those knobs.

Also, it's a pity that this is yet another example of a 3D GUI with fake angles. Please stop this (@ all developers). I have two pultec EQs from different developers loaded on my screen, each with knobs pointing in different directions. It really does my head in.
A 2D skuomorphic design - with top-view knobs - is all that's needed. It will still look beautiful and hardware-like.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

This is weird. I've re-opened the plugin and the sound is ok....very strange. Now, I can test it. :)
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:16 am This is weird. I've re-opened the plugin and the sound is ok....very strange. Now, I can test it. :)
Good to hear that it's working.

About GUI, started to make GUI orthographic, now. Cause, users have issues about 3D view.

All plugins will have orthographic view with next updates.

Thanks.

AnalogObsession wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:48 amAll plugins will have orthographic view with next updates.
Well done for making this decision.

I'm lucky that I don't have that visual thing where knobs at strange angles makes me sick. However, someone said that when you open two or three plugins and each has its knobs pointing in different directions, it just looks stupid!

So yeah, attention all plugin makers, please make your knobs point straight towards us, it looks better if nothing else.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

AnalogObsession wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:34 am Oversampling for better processing
:clap:
I hope this is the direction for all the plugin updates. I'll take a closer look at the product line up if that's the case.

Duplicate
Last edited by hesnotthemessiah on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Frickin Duplicate
Last edited by hesnotthemessiah on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Bought a couple of your other plugins in the last couple of weeks (great thankyou!! :tu: ) and was about to buy this one until I noticed a couple of things. The M/S mode would be a big selling point for me, but the UNLINK mode doesn't seem to work correctly at the moment.

RareSE 1.0 VST2 64bit demo version
Using Reaper 5.978
Latest Windows 10
All possible combinations of Soundcard at 44.1KHz and 88.2KHz with RareSE demo version OVERSAMPLE ON and OFF.

Problem 1)
In UNLINK mode, the R/S OUTPUT dial does nothing and the L/M OUTPUT dial controls all the audio OUTPUT.

Problem 2)
i)In UNLINK mode:-
ii)Set RIGHT ATTEN or BOOST to 10.
iii)Move the LEFT LOW FREQUENCY DIAL through the frequencies. You can hear the change in sound even though all the BOOST and ATTEN dials are set to 0 on this LEFT channel. This would seem to be the incorrect way for the plugin to work.

Reset controls. Now follow these same i+ii+iii steps again but this time swap what you did for the LEFT and RIGHT:-

ii)Set LEFT ATTEN or BOOST to 10.
iii)Move the RIGHT LOW FREQUENCY DIAL through the frequencies. You can hear no change in sound with all the BOOST and ATTEN dials set to 0 on this RIGHT channel. This would seem to be the correct way for the plugin to work.

This also seems to happen in M/S mode.

cprompt wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:32 am
AnalogObsession wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:48 amAll plugins will have orthographic view with next updates.
Well done for making this decision.
+1
So much better now with straight knobs imo. :)

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:12 pm Bought a couple of your other plugins in the last couple of weeks (great thankyou!! :tu: ) and was about to buy this one until I noticed a couple of things. The M/S mode would be a big selling point for me, but the UNLINK mode doesn't seem to work correctly at the moment.

RareSE 1.0 VST2 64bit demo version
Using Reaper 5.978
Latest Windows 10
All possible combinations of Soundcard at 44.1KHz and 88.2KHz with RareSE demo version OVERSAMPLE ON and OFF.

Problem 1)
In UNLINK mode, the R/S OUTPUT dial does nothing and the L/M OUTPUT dial controls all the audio OUTPUT.

Problem 2)
ii)Set RIGHT ATTEN or BOOST to 10.
iii)Move the LEFT LOW FREQUENCY DIAL through the frequencies. You can hear the change in sound even though all the BOOST and ATTEN dials are set to 0 on this LEFT channel. This would seem to be the incorrect way for the plugin to work.

Reset controls. Now follow these same i+ii+iii steps again but this time swap what you did for the LEFT and RIGHT:-

ii)Set LEFT ATTEN or BOOST to 10.
iii)Move the RIGHT LOW FREQUENCY DIAL through the frequencies. You can hear no change in sound with all the BOOST and ATTEN dials set to 0 on this RIGHT channel. This would seem to be the correct way for the plugin to work.

This also seems to happen in M/S mode.
Hello,

Thanks for report. Now, checking it and updating with better oversample processing and "flat" GUI.

Will be released, soon.

Thanks.

UPDATE!

Version 1.1

- Fixed high frequency loss with oversampling
- Better oversampling

Check your download section!

Return to “Effects”