New Tune

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Please check out my new tune Drive 2.

https://soundcloud.com/sim-48/drive-2

Thanks

Mike :tu:

Good job man!
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Well, the mix is excellent and I guess with music like this that's pretty much all that matters. Musically, for me anyway, it's kind of flat. It has its moments but there is so much "loop played over and over" about it to keep my interest. It's not until almost the 2 and a half minute mark that it even begins to get going.

In addition, it just sounds kind of generic to me. I'm sure I've heard that riff a million times already. However, it's performed well and mixed well so I'm sure most people into the genre in general will probably enjoy it. For me, on a 1 to 10 scale, I give it a 6.5 which isn't bad. I just think it could be better with a little more creativity.

My totally uninformed 2 cents so take it with a minuscule grain of salt.

Nice. Like the lead sound arp that came in 0:16.
The louder snare-like sound that comes in now and again, I don't think that works under that lead, or it needs lowering in volume.
at 0:45, you have a new lead coming in. Thats competing with the lead sound arp. Either turn down the lead arp, or have it call and response with the new lead sound. But they are fighting.
1:15 you brought in a new lead sound. This sound competes a little less with the arp because I think it has the right frequencies to cut through. Still, I'd turn that arp down a bit.
1:46 nice resonance turn-up.
2:00 nice rhythmic element
2:13 nice new arp
You've got a very good focus on variety, but remember, if you introduce a new sound, make sure you turn down any previously introduced sounds so they don't end up fighting with each other.
Introducing something new means often you have to fade out the old. Or clear the tables and have a call-and-response.

Good stuff :tu:

Hi,

Thanks for your time & reviews.

I always imagined the sound that starts at 0:16 as the bass ( which in this case drives the song along, with different filter & attack settings that don't stay still for long hence Drive ) & the other sounds as leads that then move to the middle 8 disco Arp etc.

Thanks all for your input.

Kind regards
Mike

First the backing "5th" arpegiator is incredibly infectious. It sounds so familiar, like something I have heard recently...maybe because it is just good, I dunno. If you feel like it, PM me what preset you used, heh.

With all that infectious background, I kept waiting for the track to get going. It never really did.

The leads (the sounds and the actual melody) just seem to argue with the backing arrangement instead of really making it pop. It almost feels like they are just thrown on top for lack of a better idea. When the second arp kicked in a little after 2 minutes, while it was good to change it up, it felt like a missed opportunity to take this potentially great house/Ibiza style track to a progressive level.

I think you are on to something...I just think it needs some development.

I give the hook and its sound a 10. But if it were me, I would drop a whole new track around it.
(P.S. Turn that louder snare into a timbale, keep it where it is, but add some killer rolls as fills using it.)

Hi jonsolo,

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you have any examples for Ibiza style progressive house I could get an idea from.

Maybe some piano or guitar would work.
Kind regards
Mike

I sort of liked it. It got my head bobbing which is a good thing, but I have to agree with Wags, it seems to take too long to go anywhere and (for me) finishes to abruptly when it gets there. Nice mix for sure...I listened to the end, which is no small achievement with me...so, good effort, well done!

Return to “Music Cafe”