Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to all.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fun fob.
like a key fob but you stick it up your ass.

:lol:

EQ to taste.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:43 pm I smell another spammer.

i think you are right... the git has posted 192 times in 6 days? lol now THAT is self promotion ... what a :clown:
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

at the end of the day, arent we all clowns?

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:13 pm is a professional higher or lower than a master?

we may have a contest on our hands.
I'll put it this way.

Professional is a state of mind. It's more than just being a MASTER in one particular thing. It's how you behave and act within the field, but also outside it. Even if you didn't master some skill and you're not 100% certain about it, you will try to approach it professionally, because that's who you are. You're a professional.

Being a master means you "mastered" some particular skill. So it's a more specified word. You can't really say someone's a master without specifying what he/she mastered.

Assuming that being a master means knowing everything in particular area, these are the rules (with examples):

1. You don't have to be a master in something, to be a professional. (You may not know every bit of a tool you use, but still can make right mixing decisions, even if you don't fully understand how something works, as I said, it's how you deal with a problem, it's your approach that matters).
2. Being a master in something does not necessarily make you professional. (if I mastered using every synth it doesn't mean I'll make good stuff with it).
3. Professional can be a master (in one or more fields).
4. Master in one field or more fields can also be a professional.
5. You don't have to be a professional to be a master (it results from the 1 rule)

I hope it helped clear the confusion in this matter.

Cheers! ;)
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:07 pm at the end of the day, arent we all clowns?
or aren't we?
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

MadDogE134 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:04 pm
AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:43 pm I smell another spammer.

i think you are right... the git has posted 192 times in 6 days? lol now THAT is self promotion ... what a :clown:
If I'm a spammer, I'm sorry to say that, but so are all the people that posted here. I'm just answering the questions and clearing confusion. :)

By the way I'm putting finishing touches to the song that will prove to all of you my undeniable mixing abilities. The sneak peak is in the music cafe subforum.

ProfessionalTom wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:11 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:07 pm at the end of the day, arent we all clowns?
or aren't we?
good question!

wagtunes wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:21 pm
At least he's a polite and well mannered professional. They're rare these days.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Many professionals these days are so selfish and rude!

People should remember how plain words can hurt someone and ruin their day or even life in some cases. What's the point of being a rude prick anyway.

+1

Be a nice prick instead.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Exactly.

everyone likes a nice prick :)

Vurt, are you satisfied with my explanation about professional & master?

KVR wrote:You are no longer subscribed to this topic
:party:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Return to “Production Techniques”