Padshop (Pro) sample location? Steinberg sucks and feels so old... extra offensive :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It is, but Padshop is worth the inconvenience.

BTW, Ableton Live included samples are also protected, I tried using them with Padshop pro and it couldn't open them.
dedication to flying

All Steinberg installers ask for a location for the sample content - why didn't you put it somewhere sensible? Eg, all my Steinberg stuff is in a dedicated folder on my samples ssd, with HALion stuff in a sub-folder:
:\\Steinberg\\VSTSound
:\\Steinberg\\HALion
Admittedly, you can't move it around afterwards... But why should you want to?

Googly Smythe wrote:All Steinberg installers ask for a location for the sample content - why didn't you put it somewhere sensible? Eg, all my Steinberg stuff is in a dedicated folder on my samples ssd, with HALion stuff in a sub-folder:
:\\Steinberg\\VSTSound
:\\Steinberg\\HALion
Admittedly, you can't move it around afterwards... But why should you want to?
u sure? I did that with all vsts but seem to recall padshop didnt offer it.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Old thread, I know. But I just spent an hour trying all this, fighting Padshop, not a damn thing worked , and now I see why Padshop has pretty much zero third-party support, and am faced with the fact that Steinberg sucks.

Oh well, NI can use my money more, I suppose. I'll just use Padshop as a ROMpler. Bastards.
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

yeah i still hate that with padshop, a nice granular synth but it lacks and steinberg is feeling so ancient.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yes, NI needs your money right at the moment. Please be so kind

Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:13 pm yeah i still hate that with padshop, a nice granular synth but it lacks
Lacks of... ? Granular wise, sorry but Padshop is a very, very powerful and a capable synth. One of the best around so I really don't think the problem is Padshop here.

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:26 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:13 pm yeah i still hate that with padshop, a nice granular synth but it lacks
Lacks of... ? Granular wise, sorry but Padshop is a very, very powerful and a capable synth. One of the best around so I really don't think the problem is Padshop here.
not soundwise, but the copy of the soundsources is just plain idiotic! i try out especially with granular synths various soundsources/wavs and when everything gets copied automatically on local C: (yeah you can delete it i know) it is just f**ked up, there is no excuse and after 1 and more years steinberg doesnt reply to it. i play rather with falcon or avenger around and have padshop only as a bonus in my steinberg package (forgot the name, the komplete package of steinberg).

a nice granular synth, very poweful but not the most comfortable one.

Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:44 pm
not soundwise, but the copy of the soundsources is just plain idiotic! i try out especially with granular synths various soundsources/wavs and when everything gets copied automatically on local C: (yeah you can delete it i know) it is just f**ked up, there is no excuse and after 1 and more years steinberg doesnt reply to it. i play rather with falcon or avenger around and have padshop only as a bonus in my steinberg package (forgot the name, the komplete package of steinberg).

I know but that doesn’t make Padshop a poor synth that lacks as you qualified it. That’s still quite a minor irritation that doesn’t affect the overall power & capabilities of the synth. Nothing’s perfect and every tools have their downsides, you’ll have to live with that and accept it. Unless you build and roll out your own tools yourself by programming them from scratch they way to really want them to be, that's another option if you're really willing to (but I doubt it).

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:53 pm
Caine123 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:44 pm

I know but that doesn’t make Padshop a poor synth that lacks as you qualified it. That’s still quite a minor irritation that doesn’t affect the overall power & capabilities of the synth. Nothing’s perfect and every tools have their downsides, you’ll have to live with that and accept it. Unless you build and roll out your own tools yourself by programming them from scratch they way to really want them to be, that's another option if you're really willing to (but I doubt it).
and this i didnt claim that it is a powerless synth etc. where do you read this? you take too much offense with products you like when somebody is talking something bad about it.

You said it lacks and it's 'ancient'. Both qualities Padshop doesn't have in my opinion. No offence at all, Padshop is not even my favorite piece of software. I just felt it was unfair mentioning that Padshop lacks, that's it. But we're quite used here to your general negativity toward synths & tools, there's always something not good enough for you and always something wrong with them. Eternally unsatisfied poor you.

I love it, but that probably my lack of i don‘t know what...;-)

RE: Location of Padshops sample data.
I've said this before, but I'll say it again. (From the viewpoint of a Windows/Cubase user.)
When one installs Cubase, there is an option to choose where to install the sound data, all of it.
Screenshot (14).png
Once installed, you can use the Steinberg Libaray Manager to move your sounds around.
Screenshot (13).png
EDIT:
I actually uninstalled Padshop to make it available for installation again.
OT, but, I also "down-dated" to 9.5 because I can't stand the changes to to the interface made in 10.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Googly Smythe wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:09 am RE: Location of Padshops sample data.
I've said this before, but I'll say it again. (From the viewpoint of a Windows/Cubase user.)
When one installs Cubase, there is an option to choose where to install the sound data, all of it.

Screenshot (14).png

Once installed, you can use the Steinberg Libaray Manager to move your sounds around.

Screenshot (13).png
+1

Return to “Instruments”