New cinematic\sci-fi style track, Laxplanet-Diffusion

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I have been aiming to put out a track every month on the 16th and this is month two.
Mostly used reaktor, including blocks, lazerbass and prism added some pad layers with Arturia pigments and used the Minibrute s2 for additional sounds including some percussion. Reaktor blocks were used as midi controlled Fx for some sounds

https://soundcloud.com/laxplanet/diffusion

Would be great to hear what you all think

Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex

My thoughts (as requested): it reminds of something that I might have heard on a show like Altered Carbon. That may please you as the show looked great but after a while, each episode became more annoyingly pointless than the last as the show made a lot of promises with that cool look, and a few scenes I'll never forget, but ultimately it seemed to lack an actual story.

:-)

Laxplanet wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:45 am So I have been aiming to put out a track every month on the 16th and this is month two.
Mostly used reaktor, including blocks, lazerbass and prism added some pad layers with Arturia pigments and used the Minibrute s2 for additional sounds including some percussion. Reaktor blocks were used as midi controlled Fx for some sounds

https://soundcloud.com/laxplanet/diffusion

Would be great to hear what you all think

Thanks
Alex
Like the sound palette and the overall feel. However, you've pretty much showed your hand by the one-minute mark, and from there it doesn't really build.
After the dropout at 1:10 it might have been an idea to change the progression, or maybe given a bit of a lift with a full beat.
But, not bad at all :tu:

Benedict wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:09 am Hi Alex

My thoughts (as requested): it reminds of something that I might have heard on a show like Altered Carbon. That may please you as the show looked great but after a while, each episode became more annoyingly pointless than the last as the show made a lot of promises with that cool look, and a few scenes I'll never forget, but ultimately it seemed to lack an actual story.

:-)
Yeah, not the greatest show but it did look nice as you said
Thanks

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:38 am
Like the sound palette and the overall feel. However, you've pretty much showed your hand by the one-minute mark, and from there it doesn't really build.
After the dropout at 1:10 it might have been an idea to change the progression, or maybe given a bit of a lift with a full beat.
Yeah, that's a fair call, I did try adding a different progression but I couldn't make it work. Plus it's an old track and the goal atm is to just start putting stuff out again as I have not released anything for a couple of years.
Thanks for the feedback

Laxplanet wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:08 am
Yeah, that's a fair call, I did try adding a different progression but I couldn't make it work. Plus it's an old track and the goal atm is to just start putting stuff out again as I have not released anything for a couple of years.
Thanks for the feedback
Understood! But consider going back to it at some point. You may find that coming back to it with a fresh perspective might present more ideas than were available to you, this time.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:13 am
Laxplanet wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:08 am
Thanks for the feedback
Understood! But consider going back to it at some point. You may find that coming back to it with a fresh perspective might present more ideas than were available to you, this time.
Yeah, that's a good point
Thanks again

This is great work. Mystery murder flik material rite here.

Return to “Music Cafe”