Hi I am Professional Tom and here's a tutorial of secret EQ techniques. Other producers hate me for showing them to all.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MadDogE134 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:47 pm actually the difference between an amateur and a professional is a professional gets paid... it has nothing to do with how much they are paid. i have seen amateurs that can run circles around 'professionals'. skill has nothing to do with status.

as for spamming... no we are not spamming by replying with a comment. spamming for the most part is posting just to add to the post count. if i am not mistaken i have only had like 252 posts in 12 yrs... so if i am spamming then i am not very good at it lol sry... was being a :clown: if anything... we are trolling lol at least i look the part. oops my :clown: slipped again :help:

but on a positive note at least you used the word 'technique' and NOT 'trick' like most click baits. a technique is simply a way of doing something. a 'trick' denotes underhanded or slight of hand.

anyways... you seem a decent bloke so chill on the spamming. you certainly DON'T want to be well known for being frowned upon... leave that to us 'professionals' :clown: lol :) cheers

p.s. as for paying one way or the other... i once paid with an egg mcmuffin and an orange juice and it wasn't half bad for $2.82 lol
I agree!

And cheers to you, too :)

PS muffin and orange juice for $2.82, nice. the vendor certainly done his/her job right. But I'm not sure it's THE job we're talking about here :D.
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

This is how hard my PC worked during creation of my soon to be finished song. Man is it TIGHT!!!!
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

101 orange juices? Wow that’s hard work

It's bleeding because of that punch.

Looks like a HEALTHY and professional mix to me. :)

It's coming...

is that the left or right channel?

It's both.

Here's another photo, I'm finishing the master.

What do you think about it? I know I'd usually go for 14 lufs integrated, but somehow it turned out around 11 in the loudest moment of a song.

I can drop it to 14, but then true max peak will be around -4/5db. So my choice is:
11 lufs and -1dB true max peak
14 lufs and -4/5db true max peak

What would you do in this situation?

good question!

I think real professionals shouldn't be worried about LUFS and other nonsence like that, it's the sign of an amateur pretending he is a pro. Professionals just know when it's loud enough.

Namely, what professionals know is ... it's never loud enough

Other producers now hate me for telling this to all.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

ProfessionalTom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:15 am It's both.

Here's another photo, I'm finishing the master.

What do you think about it? I know I'd usually go for 14 lufs integrated, but somehow it turned out around 11 in the loudest moment of a song.

I can drop it to 14, but then true max peak will be around -4/5db. So my choice is:
11 lufs and -1dB true max peak
14 lufs and -4/5db true max peak

What would you do in this situation?
A PRO asking amateurs what to do? Not professional. A pro know his thing and don’t bother to ask anyone.

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:12 pmgood question!
Good answer! :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:23 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:12 pmgood question!
Good answer! :tu:
Good response!

I finally got round to watching this video.
And I think it's brilliant!
Well done, Professional Tom!

BTW
Does anyone else here realise that Tom is English slang for a woman of, shall we say, dubious morals?

offer him a fiver for a quick handy, see what happens :shrug:

vurt wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:46 pm offer him a fiver for a quick handy, see what happens :shrug:
Compression and working the sliders?

Return to “Production Techniques”