Free: Oberom

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oberom is a sampled version of Oberon by Land of Cockaigne, a VST plugin that is an attempt to imitate the classic analog polysynths. With its thick 2-pole dual filter, it's sound is reminiscent of the Arp 2600.

Oberom comes with the original 16 sounds. They have been sampled to be faithful copies of the presets that came with Oberon. Oberom is a must-have if you produce synthwave, synth-pop, vaporwave, and any other 80s influenced genres.

Features:

- 16 sounds
- Amplitude ADSR
- Reverb
- Multi-LFO
- Multi-Filter
- Poly, mono, and legato voice modes
- Glide

No email required to download and best of all, Oberom will be forever free!

Get it here: https://www.samplescience.ca/2019/10/oberom.html

Awesome! Thank you!

I dont get it. You can just use Oberon by Land Of Cockaigne :? I use that synth quite a lot.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:24 am I dont get it. You can just use Oberon by Land Of Cockaigne :? I use that synth quite a lot.
oberon is a 32bit SE synth.. i get that, but still... a sampled SE synth? :scared:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:24 am I dont get it. You can just use Oberon by Land Of Cockaigne :? I use that synth quite a lot.
C'mon, think about all the mac users out there and the windows users who refuse to use a bridge or can't load 32-bit plugins (Cubase). Now they have access to the great sound of this plugin, free of charge, no email required.

layzer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:35 am
oberon is a 32bit SE synth.. i get that, but still... a sampled SE synth? :scared:
So much work and so little gratitude... triggered!

:wink:

I just want to add, some people are having problems with the plugin. If it's your case, let me know. I want to make sure it works everywhere.

Thank you!

I wasnt trying to sound ungrateful, so sorry.

I forgot about the poor mac users :D
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Indeed.

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:25 pm I wasnt trying to sound ungrateful, so sorry.

But does this work with Catalina? :hihi:

Thank you hy by my for this over download. By the time I read this I'll be jammin too!
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

GaryG wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:42 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:25 pm I wasnt trying to sound ungrateful, so sorry.

But does this work with Catalina? :hihi:
Heh :lol:

as always, thank you very much for this and the others you give.

raiderpdog wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:54 pm as always, thank you very much for this and the others you give.
You're welcome! :)

From my tests, it works on Catalina, but I got 1 email from someone who had trouble with it. That's why I want to know if people here on mac have any issues.

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:26 pm
Indeed.
It might be hard to understand, but it's not everyone who uses a computer with Windows and a 32-bit bridge DAW. Here's the list of DAWs that doesn't load 32-bit VSTs (unless jBridge is used):

Ableton Live
Cubase
Presonus Studio One 4
Waveform 9
Digital Performer
Maschine

Add to that GarageBand and Logic Pro and you end up with the vast majority of people not having access to Windows 32-bit VST plugins.

I've used jBridge myself and always had stability issues with it (it crashed my projects). I know it works well for some people, good for them (I wish it worked for me!).

Furthermore, there are fans of the original Oberon out there who really likes its filters but can't access anymore because to upgraded or switch to Mac. This is for them! :party: :tu:

Return to “Instruments”