1 John 2: 1-2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:53 pm
Mozex wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:07 pm Is it not listenable? I heared it on speakers and headphones and it sounded okay?
headphones is fine :)
so long as you can hear what you're doing, if money is tight, dont be thinking you need anything more than you have.

i wont comment on the track yet as i haven't listened, but i wanted to comment about your locked thread, and i hope you take this as someone trying to help...
i too suffer from severe depression, and while it can be triggered by comments, you have to remember, no one is making you depressed, other than your illness.

however, if when you feel better, you go back and read that thread, to start with the criticism was more hints and tips, things you can either use or ignore on your next piece.
if you are happy with a piece, and someone suggests something, it's just a different artists idea about that piece, it doesnt mean you are wrong or anything like that.

the idea of a forum is to discuss things, so people will comment. some people here would love as much attention on an individual track, including the bad stuff. because we can all learn from criticism, from someone trying for the first time to people with number one albums.
we all learn from each other in these discussions :)

keep doing what you do and dont take things so personal, no one here knows you ;)
^^^ This! A thousand times this. I wish I could have been open to criticism years ago. Might not have taken me so long to even get half way decent. Vurt has been one of the biggest helps in that area. El-bo another one. His remarks were a hard pill to swallow but when I finally listened, improvement came.

Believe it or not, we all want to help you get better at what you're doing. If I had the money, hell, I'd hire a brutal instructor to sit down with me and go over every little thing I do for every song until I finally get really good. It's the rare person who can improve on his own without any feedback.

True story. Paul, George and Ringo were playing around with this tune in the studio based on something they heard when in Africa. But it wasn't coming out the way they wanted. And then, John walked in and said "What are you guys doing?" Paul explained they were trying to come up with something based on that saying that one guy said in African or something. And then John said, "Oh, you mean this?" And he said down at the piano, started banging out some chords and started to sing and that's how Obla Di Obla Da was born.

Even the greats inspire each other. The Bangles monster hit "Manic Monday" was not written by The Bangles. It was written by Prince of all people. Even Elton John needed Bernie Taupin as Elton on his own was, quite honestly, awful.

My mother, God rest her soul, used to tell me "No man is an island." We all need each other. One day you'll figure that out and all of a sudden the world will open up to you. I'm just glad I didn't learn these lessons too late.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:12 pm True story. Paul, George and Ringo were playing around with this tune in the studio based on something they heard when in Africa. But it wasn't coming out the way they wanted. And then, John walked in and said "What are you guys doing?" Paul explained they were trying to come up with something based on that saying that one guy said in African or something. And then John said, "Oh, you mean this?" And he said down at the piano, started banging out some chords and started to sing and that's how Obla Di Obla Da was born.
I don't think that's how the song was born or what Lennon's input was. As far as I recall it was McCartney's reggae style song he had been working on for a long time, and he eventually gave it a title from a phrase another musician used to use (the guy pushed to get a writing credit). Lennon loathed the song and didn't turn up to sessions, but turned up one day determined to put his stamp on it so he played it faster and louder on the piano until the others followed him and the song stuck that way. I'm pretty sure George Harrison said he hated it too.

well it is terrible.

Yes it is :hihi:

But my point is that it doesn’t need to be positive input to shape something to its final form - sometimes telling someone that something is bad (assuming it really is) can have a positive effect in the long run.

Not worth arguing about but one day I'll dig up the Howard Stern interview and post it.

My point is still not made invalid. We don't work in a vacuum. At least most of us don't.

Ok wagtunes but when I said you need singing lessons you just said you not gonna do it.
It is basicly the same with you telling me I need music classes.
The only difference between us both is that I do not give that comment on each track you post. I guess I am not helping you then...

So maybe I should just react on every track you post that you need singing lessons. You already said before that you not gonna do it but I also said before I am not gonna take music lessons. Yet your view of helping me is to keep on saying it. So I guess I should just also say it on every track you post?

You also say I am stubborn but your are stubborn yourself? Can you not see the simularities? In your eyes I need music lessons, in my eyes you need singing lessons.

The only difference is, I say it again, that I do not post it on every track you share because you already said you were not gonna take singing lessons.

But once again, it seems you are helping me by doing that so I guess I should return the favor and also do it on your tracks?

I would think that would become very irritating and would not help anything because you are not gonna do it, but I guess my logic of helping is not that great.

I also like how you say that we need eachother but you do not need to seem to need me when I say you need singing lessons. But I seem to need you when you say I need music lessons.

I am sorry but it is a bit foolish in my opinion, most of the stuff you say about me you seem to suffer yourself with. I probably will get a no agreement comment now from you, or maybe that I am an asshole or others will say it but I do have a point.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Here's the difference. Singing lessons cost money, which I do not have. Learning music theory can be done on Youtube at no cost other than just your time. I learned to mix and do everything else online for free. That's how I improved. But you're not even willing to do that much.

So please don't compare yourself to me because you're just making yourself look stupid.

One other thing. Singing is a physical thing. One's vocal chords, especially as one gets older (I'm 61 years old) begin to weaken. I sang much better when I was younger. So lessons will only help me so much and won't turn me into a great singer at my age. Music theory, on the other hand, is a mental thing. Anybody with a mind can learn it. You could be a quadriplegic and still learn music theory. That's the difference.

But by all means, keep making all the excuses you want to make. Keep shifting the blame. If it makes you feel better, go for it. If you really think I give a crap what you think of me, you are sadly mistaken.

I have tried to help you. Lots of people here have tried to help you. But you're a lost cause. And I finally realize that.

I'd put you on ignore but you're not even worth my time to do that.

We are done.

Enjoy your life man. It's of no concern to me anymore.

Respond if you like. I have nothing more to say to you.

Last edited by Vortifex on Mon May 17, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes of course wagtunes, you always know better. I am glad you are done with me. I don't need people that can not admit their mistake.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Mozex wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:08 pm I don't need people that can not admit their mistake.
oh, the irony :P

Return to “Music Cafe”