Show Me Now... [retro EDM] ... feedback welcome

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

edit: I just for fun did a more modern remix of this retro track today.
https://soundcloud.com/bansaw-843690132 ... dern-remix

Back to where I feel slightly more comfortable, - retro.
This song would have been completed long ago, but lyric writing slows me down.
Feedback on arrangement, mixing, sound choices welcome as always.
Original Retro version:
https://soundcloud.com/bansaw-843690132/show-me-now
Last edited by Bansaw on Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ah, take me back to the 80s. Take me back to the hair. Buy me an Oberheim or DX. I don't care if I end up in heck cause it's snare snare snare in the reverb. If it don't ring it's a shame...(loses train of thought)

I'm sorry, where was I?

Oh yeah, 80s. Sounds great. You shoved about every MTV retro group in existence into this track. No complaints on this end.

Animal, animal, animal, animal...

wagtunes wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:33 pm Ah, take me back to the 80s. Take me back to the hair. Buy me an Oberheim or DX. I don't care if I end up in heck cause it's snare snare snare in the reverb. If it don't ring it's a shame...(loses train of thought)
Thanks, yes those were the days, when everything was less complicated.
One day I'm going to ask you to do some lyrics for me ;)
This song has been in the oven for a few weeks and would have been done by now if it weren't for the lyrics block I seem to get often.
Oh, I also did a more modern remix of the first few verses. I kindof think its more interesting.

Bansaw wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:11 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:33 pm Ah, take me back to the 80s. Take me back to the hair. Buy me an Oberheim or DX. I don't care if I end up in heck cause it's snare snare snare in the reverb. If it don't ring it's a shame...(loses train of thought)
Thanks, yes those were the days, when everything was less complicated.
One day I'm going to ask you to do some lyrics for me ;)
This song has been in the oven for a few weeks and would have been done by now if it weren't for the lyrics block I seem to get often.
Oh, I also did a more modern remix of the first few verses. I kindof think its more interesting.
I would be happy to collaborate on some lyrics for you if you ever need. El-bo actually thinks I'm better at lyrics than music. :lol:

wagtunes wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:21 pm I would be happy to collaborate on some lyrics for you if you ever need. El-bo actually thinks I'm better at lyrics than music. :lol:
Your lyrics are good, as is your arrangement.
I'll be calling on you one day if I get stuck. These lyrics for this song I was procrastinating over for a week or two.

Return to “Music Cafe”