'W' teaser - The most amazing product in Behringer’s 30 year history!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

D-Fusion wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:12 pm

My Real guess is a Waldorf Microwave Clone which came out in 1989.
Have Behinger cloned the original curtis analog chip used in the microwave ?

If they have, then I think you are right, the "W" stands for Waldorf.

Meanwhile...over on gearslutz....Uli has confirmed that a 2600 is coming with coloured LEDs in the sliders....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm Meanwhile...over on gearslutz....Uli has confirmed that a 2600 is coming with coloured LEDs in the sliders....
True, but old news TBH.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:31 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm Meanwhile...over on gearslutz....Uli has confirmed that a 2600 is coming with coloured LEDs in the sliders....
True, but old news TBH.
Coloured LEDs is new :)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:32 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:31 pm
True, but old news TBH.
Coloured LEDs is new :)
Ok, yes that is new 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

VintageSynth is good source though to refresh memory.
http://www.vintagesynth.com/

I looked through their synth selector and most brands known to me - not sure about obvious contester. Like Jupiter 8, OB-8, CS-80, Prophet 5 and VS, Ensonic.

DSI felt OB-6 was a good thing to revive - if doing Oberheim something is a contester - but really affordable.

To revive any samplers from back then is hardly what we urge for - abilities today are so much better.

I have a nice dvd of Howard Jones live performances - and the retro part with the old gear is the nicest of them all - a jupiter, juno and some more and a drum machine pretty much. He takes a minute between songs to set them up and then off it goes. There is also an acoustic part and more modern with full band - good songs and all, but something special with that minimalistic setup - Howard and his synths.

lfm wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:34 am To revive any samplers from back then is hardly what we urge for - abilities today are so much better.
Yeah not copying any particular one though a modernized EIII or a couple of other old but modernized designs might be nice.

Just that I don't like softsynths and when I had samplers a lot of the "core instruments" used on my silly cheezy recordings were multisamples I made myself. They were exactly the sound and playing response I wanted. By intention.

When I record nowadays it is discouraging not to have that anymore.

Maybe in desperation I should build a custom little anvil briefcase containing a 17" touch win10 laptop folded with the keynoard hidden permanent in "touch only" mode, plus built in audio and midi interfaces, permanently running one of the sampler softwares, and call it my sampler module. :)

JCJR wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:49 am Yeah not copying any particular one though a modernized EIII or a couple of other old but modernized designs might be nice.
Trying to think like Behringer volumes here - then providing large libraries or what?

Nord Electro are pretty much a rompler that supports the libraries they provide. Maybe there is third party as well, have not checked.

Naked it's like a synth without oscillators, kind of.

You have to start to look for material.

15 years or so ago I had some fun with SynthEdit and did the tutorial and so on. Fun to do. But how to find character?

Then you start to look for other oscillator modules to it - that both sound different and better.

So doing that my interest dropped - it was hard to find.

Should it, the "W", have extensive support for existing sampler formats - like gig and all various disk formats in Emulator and Akai and other samplers?

Not sure I can find volumes for a sampler.
Just that I don't like softsynths and when I had samplers a lot of the "core instruments" used on my silly cheezy recordings were multisamples I made myself. They were exactly the sound and playing response I wanted. By intention.

When I record nowadays it is discouraging not to have that anymore.
I felt like doing that a bit to get various percussive sounds - like a hammer in a table here - doing properly multisamples and round robin style so not machine gun type of effect and various strength.

Hammer on metal bar, and all kinds of percussion. There is some Industrial percussion in Independence Pro Suite, but want more.

Michael Jackson did a lot of innovative percussive stuff, replacing snare etc on the Thriller album. You get sick of the ordinary snare sounds always - overlay with some other stuff I found in Addictive Drums, wood blocks, cow bells and handclap etc.

A tool to easily record, chop into samples, sort into which velocity, choose alternate for round robin, choose sustain loop point - is always nice. Preview and check which samples should be elsewhere etc.

Didn't look into Cubase sampler track while I ran it, and have to look if there is in SampleOne has such tools that assist in doing all that.

Everything that assist in being creative is worth investing in. I expect to find some interesting oscillator more fm-metallic in Prologue on the way in. Maybe have a look at Argon8 when it arrives as well - seems to be routed that way a bit.

I found more support for Workstation on Korg forum
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... 852#776852

The 'W' could be a Workstation from Behringer - sounds terrific.

EDIT: Saw on page 2 here too, so missed that

Its the behringer Wank as ppl.said in the slutz

dellboy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:53 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:12 pm

My Real guess is a Waldorf Microwave Clone which came out in 1989.
Have Behinger cloned the original curtis analog chip used in the microwave ?

If they have, then I think you are right, the "W" stands for Waldorf.
The thing i'm wondering, IF it comes like that, is whether or not they're allowed to implement the original wavetables. I would assume the answer to that is no, so, i'm a bit doubtful if this is really one of the Waldorf synths.

lfm wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:05 am I found more support for Workstation on Korg forum
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... 852#776852

The 'W' could be a Workstation from Behringer - sounds terrific.

EDIT: Saw on page 2 here too, so missed that
Since no other Behringer clone has been this "secret", I also believe in a Workstation from Behringer. Could it be the sounds from the video clip are from the Workstation?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:07 am

Since no other Behringer clone has been this "secret", I also believe in a Workstation from Behringer. Could it be the sounds from the video clip are from the Workstation?
Not impossible but pretty unlikely.

I have listened carefully to the short passage in the teaser and also from the actual symphony and I cannot tell them apart. Someone with better ears than mine may be able to notice a difference.

If it is from a new Workstation then kudos to them as it would have taken an awful lot of work to achieve such a realistic rendition.

The passage in question is within the first few minutes of the opening of the fifth symphony by Beethoven.

dellboy wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:30 am I have listened carefully to the short passage in the teaser and also from the actual symphony and I cannot tell them apart. Someone with better ears than mine may be able to notice a difference.
I think there is midi for entire orchestral work like this famous 5th symphony.

There were a tv program here in sweden that made a critic of classical music to listen to a record(cd) and also to one made from midi in a computer - and he liked the midi one a little better.

So don't feel bad if it is midi played. ;)

lacandon wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:43 am Its the behringer Wank as ppl.said in the slutz
trust gearslutz to lower the tone...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”