Waldorf Quantum - 8-voice hybrid synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:24 pm What are your impressions of the Kyra?
I'll be able to tell you soon. Just had email from Waldorf and the new unit is ready for me.
Hello Rob,

finally, we have a Kyra available. It will be sent to you soon. Sorry for the long wait.
Bien cordialement, / Kind regards, / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Still only half way through the manual here, it's pretty extensive but well written and easy to follow. Seems to have a ton of features and tons of Polyphony. Let you know more when I'm programming the Rom banks

Rob

rob_lee wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:09 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:24 pm What are your impressions of the Kyra?
I'll be able to tell you soon. Just had email from Waldorf and the new unit is ready for me.
Hello Rob,

finally, we have a Kyra available. It will be sent to you soon. Sorry for the long wait.
Bien cordialement, / Kind regards, / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Still only half way through the manual here, it's pretty extensive but well written and easy to follow. Seems to have a ton of features and tons of Polyphony. Let you know more when I'm programming the Rom banks

Rob
Cool... look forward to your feedback!

Is the manual public?

pdxindy wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:14 pm Is the manual public?
No mate it's not public. I'm really looking forward to getting it on my desk

2.0 Beta 5 for the Quantum has increased the grain length for the granular engine... from 350ms to 1 full second... makes a significant difference!

pdxindy wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:12 pm 2.0 Beta 5 for the Quantum has increased the grain length for the granular engine... from 350ms to 1 full second... makes a significant difference!
Oh, word? That is something I asked for when I first got my Quantum. I was also hoping for tempo synced grains but longer grains is a welcome improvement.

Shoot... I'm really considering this synth. I can buy one new about $3,650 ....

The touch screen doesn't seem to lend itself to decades of use though... Is it easily replaceable/serviceable? Love everything else about it. Today I read Korg can service it so it doesn't have to venture cross seas for repair, but they also said barely any have had to come back in once manufacture got settled.

Any advice?

Hello gang. Just got a Quantum a few weeks ago - mind blown! Here's a short demo, all Quantum except the drums:
https://soundcloud.com/ned-bouhalassa/q ... antum-demo

Ned Bouhalassa wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:21 pm Hello gang. Just got a Quantum a few weeks ago - mind blown! Here's a short demo, all Quantum except the drums:
https://soundcloud.com/ned-bouhalassa/q ... antum-demo
Sounds great, enjoy Quantum :tu:

Hi guys, this may sound like a silly question but I'm almost sure I heard it mentioned it one of the Quantum Youtube reviews. Is it possible to load presets from Waldorf Largo into Quantum? Obviously Quantum is much more capable but this could be a nice starting place, assuming its possible. I've tried looking this up and can't find much info on it so its possible I misunderstood, or else the review was incorrect. Either way I figured you guys would know.

I think you might have confused largo with nave, as the manual says it is compatible with nave patches, but some people have had issues when trying. the quantum doesn't have the same type of envelopes as largo - no decay2/sustain2/attack level - so i can't see how it could be compatible with that.

Entirely possible I picked it up wrong. I used to love Largo and built up quite a few patches so was hoping it was true, but not a big deal either way. I'd never really checked out Nave though, must see if theres any interesting sound banks available. On a machine like Quantum it seems a crime to just rely on presets but they can be handy for sparking an idea.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”