Poll: How about an alliance against Apple strategies? (Catalina, OpenGL...)

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic

Are you in?

Hell yeah!
49%
Let's try and revisit in a few months!
18%
I'm scared! Users would crucify us! :)
5%
No, I'm fine with what Apple does!
28%

Total votes: 143

RELATED
PRODUCTS

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:12 pm Assembler isn't relevant anymore, though those of us, who love optimization use intrinsics (sort of compiler optimizable proxies to asm instructions). But that's fine, we can survive without these optimizations. The biggest concern there to me will be technological differences - I assume ARM is big endian (which never made sense to me) and Intel stuff is little endian. I think these things won't be a huge deal, but who knows. You know I like things simple, and another platform is the opposite of simple. Anyways the new CPU I can understand (despite I cannot imagine it would compete Intel stuff, at least not for performance stuff, yes for energy efficiency though).

My main concern with Apple's general strategy is the constant implementation of crappy technologies and then deprecating them. The cherry on top is forcing developers to use a different programming language, we all know what I'm talking about :D
Thanks for the insight. I guess then they will simply add 32 cores and then it will easily beat any Intel. I actually always liked RISC (maybe it's not worth to be called like this nowadays, I don't know), and appreciate that they try something new, only the way they are doing is very annoying to me.

Mac news pages tell you the rumor that there will be some kind of x86_64 emulation layer running on ARM then, similar to Rosetta. Is that even possible?

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:43 pm Yup, this happens when regular users enter developer forum :D
this is not the "developers forum"

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:45 pm
MacGyver wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:31 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:20 pm When you have to replace every word I wrote just to try to make a relevant point, you have clearly nothing worthwhile to say. What an underhanded piece of shit you are :scared:
Hm, why don't you join IS instead posting your fanaticism und intolerance here? Wrong forum! Or are you Tim Cook? I have no idea why you are so insulted.
If people want to call me an idiot for the words I write, that's fair game. But I don't happen to think that it is acceptable to re-write someone's posts. It's underhanded, which I think I made quite clear.
I did no such thing, like I said, I f**ked up (meaning with the quotes) and I CORRECTED it as well.
{"panic_string":"BAD MAGIC! :shrug: (flag set in iBoot panic header), no macOS panic log available"} "Apple did not respond to a request for comment."

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:49 pm
MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:43 pm Yup, this happens when regular users enter developer forum :D
Ok, a subforum :D. But still, things have gone a bit sideways as you can see :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Better set up a Slack channel or similar and send out invites to others devs for noise free communication. :)

Is not the "off topic" forum or the "Legos" forum neither... just saying.

With all respect.
Last edited by JunSev on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MeldaProduction wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:53 pm
Ok, a subforum :D. But still, things have gone a bit sideways as you can see :D
that's devs for you on public forums... :shrug:

:D

Haptix wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:22 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:20 pm
Haptix wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:13 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:08 pm
MacGyver wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:04 pmBest is then to use Apple apps only and accept you have to buy a completely new Mac each 4 years or so, without a rational reason other than planned obsolescence.
At the current state of the new hardware, you can change your mac every week

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/20 ... r.2128976/
When you have to replace every word I wrote just to try to make a relevant point, you have clearly nothing worthwhile to say. What an underhanded piece of shit you are :scared:
My bad, I f**ked it up, but I corrected it as well. Thank you for your kind words sir
Fair enough! Sorry :tu:

JunSev wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:54 pm
so why bring them up?

ive been on topic, you should try it too :)

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:56 pm
so why bring them up?

Are you really sure you are on topic in all threads vurt?

JunSev wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:57 pm
so why bring them up?

and that is relevant to macs because?

but, as you asked.
yes. :ud:

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:59 pm
JunSev wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:57 pm
so why bring them up?

and that is relevant to macs because?
Because you're talking as someone that is always on topic, and is not always the case, but I'm not here to argue with you, is good to see you on topic now.

With all respect.

mladi wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:40 pm
MacGyver wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:31 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:20 pm When you have to replace every word I wrote just to try to make a relevant point, you have clearly nothing worthwhile to say. What an underhanded piece of shit you are :scared:
Hm, why don't you join IS instead posting your fanaticism und intolerance here? Wrong forum! Or are you Tim Cook? I have no idea why you are so insulted.
Several posts are reported but it seems that he have free hand to continue to insult other members to his liking.
Ah yes! that time when you misunderstood how I was trying to show chk071 that his generalisations and persecution of 'the whole', based on the actions of 'the few', were borne of ignorance.

Just keep reporting me.

Perhaps team up with Markus. He is happy to accuse me of spamming. Or maybe with Vojtech you could get me banned for trespassing on the developer's forum.

Eventually something will stick :tu:

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”