Any suggestions towards pad sound?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all working on a track at the moment which is in the vocal trance genre.
I'm having trouble with a pad I'm using. I'm sure I probably don't need to change it but it just needs work on it. It carries the song and it's in the saw variety.
It might just be a mind set, but it seems a little hollow to me. Not sure if it needs another layer to thicken the sound or further eq.
Some advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Regards
Michael.

https://m.soundcloud.com/michael-busutt ... emo-2019-c

sidechain it and I myself would have it a bit quieter in the mix and it needs more spaciousness so add delay + reverb. and some subtle wide mid cut with EQ
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

CHOOS wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:58 pm sidechain it and I myself would have it a bit quieter in the mix and it needs more spaciousness so add delay + reverb. and some subtle wide mid cut with EQ
Awesome thanks for the tips. I've made a couple of deep cuts eq wise at around 65 and 200.
I'll try your suggestions.
Thanks again.

Right,I've turned down the pad and and added side chain and a simple delay. Hopefully it sounds a little better?

https://soundcloud.com/michael-busuttil ... -12-2019-c

Getting better.
There's not much sidechaining going on. It's still quite loud if you ask me.
It's just my opinion but it's your song so tell me to F off if you disagree but I'd make it quieter still and add more reverb and take out even a little more of the low end.
To me the pad should be kinda like the chords of a trance song so it still needs a lead. It would be nice in the last section of the song to have it to wind it down.

I miss the low ends here. No bassline and kick?
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

CHOOS wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:13 pm Getting better.
There's not much sidechaining going on. It's still quite loud if you ask me.
It's just my opinion but it's your song so tell me to F off if you disagree but I'd make it quieter still and add more reverb and take out even a little more of the low end.
To me the pad should be kinda like the chords of a trance song so it still needs a lead. It would be nice in the last section of the song to have it to wind it down.
Lol Im not going to tell you to f off Choos, Im thankfull for the advice.
I did the minimal of side chaining, almost a beating pulse. Ill have another look at the sound level.

ReboundAudio wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:26 pm I miss the low ends here. No bassline and kick?
Sorry, you lost me?
Oh I think I know what you are talking about.... do you mean the chorus section near the end?
If so, I havent yet automated the volume to compensate.
Last edited by Mikelo on Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, Ive lowered the volume slightly, added reverb, cut out more low end in the pad and giving it a little more side chaining (1/2 beat) ....
https://soundcloud.com/michael-busuttil ... -13-2019-c

it fits nicer but can definitely get even better
Do you want to share the project or stems and I can see what I can enhance

Mikelo wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:47 pm
ReboundAudio wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:26 pm I miss the low ends here. No bassline and kick?
Sorry, you lost me?
Oh I think I know what you are talking about.... do you mean the chorus section near the end?
If so, I havent yet automated the volume to compensate.
No. I talk about Low Ends. Your Kick and Bassline sounds thin. Needs way more Low frequencies.
Intel I9 9900X / Asus Prime X299-A / 32 GB DDR 4 / NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / Win 10 Pro 64 Bit / Ableton Live 11 64bit / Reason 11

Return to “Sound Design”