Is this possible?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hay.

I have a electric guitar. I am a very bad player, though. Anyhow. Now i have this guitar connected to this little thing: https://www.zoom.co.jp/products/guitar/ ... sion-pedal then i have it in turn connected to my soundcard: https://mackie.com/products/onyx-usb-interfaces-1 Producer 2 2. But i think i only get acceptable level on the guitar if i crank the volume on the soundcard for the particular channel in question up very much and then it distorts easily. Otherwise very low volume. Do i need amplification before it goes in to the the soundcard? I don't have at the moment.

I hope you understand, if not i will try to explain again.

are you getting enough signal in the zoom to begin with?

does it have a built in headphone socket? how does it sound on headphones, is the guitar loud enough there?

Hay vurt. Thanks for your answer. If i listen through the headphones then it is the same thing basically. If say channel volume is from 1-10 possible, then the sound really kicks in at 9 on the soundcard volume. And then the red light on the soundcard lights(distortion i think then). Tone and volume on guitar is 10, that is full on maximum.

Make sure you have the input gain & volume output set high enough on the Zoom, and use the hz input on the Onyx if it has one.

yeah sounds like the input gain on the zoom needs upping. this might be a per patch thing or universal, dont know your specific model.

then make sure as tcc mentions the output is turned up too and the right input if available on the onyx.

but you should have everything you need already.

Global level is at highest, but yeah per patch level was low on some checked. I know now :)

8)
hope that sorts it.
have fun :tu:

Thanks for the help, Maestros' :)

:clap:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

BrokenTrance wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:58 pm Thanks for the help, Maestros' :)
Its cool. Glad you got it sorted :)

Hink wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:32 pm:clap:
it's what we do 8)
well give assistance and talk nonsense, obvs!

Return to “Guitars”