ProfessionalTom here, I just released my killer track that will make you all jelous of my mixing abilities

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
ProfessionalTom
KVRian
520 posts since 10 Oct, 2019

Post Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:12 pm

enroe wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:38 pm
Serious or just fun ... what I really like is your case-hardened
coolness. That's great! :hihi:
Thank you for your kind words! :hug:

To be absolutely honest I can't really say if this track was serious or not. My approach to mixing certainly was, I tried to make it as good as I could in such a short amount of time, but structure wise, the song was rather fun and massively experimental for me hah! So it's both I guess.

Cheers!
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Re: ProfessionalTom here, I just released my killer track that will make you all jelous of my mixing abilities

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:17 am

I wonder if I should post my next track in the thread where I'd post all my next tracks or create new post for each track? I saw that some users, Wagtunes for example do it in one thread and it looks quite nice to keep it all together.

To keep track of releases and make it easier for people to find tracks I could make a list in first post (editing it with every release) that would indicate on which page specific track was posted.
I'm a professional and you can't deny it. If you do, you either were tricked by the League, or you are from the League.

RunBeerRun
KVRAF
7922 posts since 2 Aug, 2005 from Guitar Land, USA

Re: ProfessionalTom here, I just released my killer track that will make you all jelous of my mixing abilities

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:33 am

I am listen for equalizers, they make your track equal and balance the l and r .

I come from Portugal.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:26 am

RunBeerRun wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:33 am
I am listen for equalizers, they make your track equal and balance the l and r .

I come from Portugal.
Thanks for checking the balance for me hehehehe.

I'm not sure if you wanted to say that channels are balanced or that I should balance them because they are not, but thanks either way for mentioning it. :)

audiojunkie
KVRAF
2912 posts since 19 Apr, 2002 from Utah

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:23 pm

This video made me laugh! Vurt and Wagtunes have been immortalized! I don't know if Professional Tom is a kid or a troll, but I have to respect that he's actually posting something. I've been here 17 years on KVR and I've never posted anything (and may never do so). My skin isn't that thick, and I continually doubt myself and my work. Cheers for an actual musical post! Extra credit for the awesome video! :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:24 pm

audiojunkie wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:23 pm
This video made me laugh! Vurt and Wagtunes have been immortalized! I don't know if Professional Tom is a kid or a troll, but I have to respect that he's actually posting something. I've been here 17 years on KVR and I've never posted anything (and may never do so). My skin isn't that thick, and I continually doubt myself and my work. Cheers for an actual musical post! Extra credit for the awesome video! :-)
I'm happy you liked it! What's your favourite part?? (beside video hehehe). Mine is the guitar after 1:35

Wow 17 years is a big chunk of time. I'd like to hear what you got and I'd give a listen to your tracks. No need to worry about what others say. It's art and self expression. Who cares if someone does not like your bass arangement or instrument you used. If it's how you wanted to express yourself, that's all that matters. But I can relate. Self doubt can be a big enemy in many fields in life.

But "kid or a troll" thing is kinda saddening to me :(

Cheers!

PS I'm actually planning on making another song, that would be kind of my "opus magnum" and I'd take a looong time to make it perfect. I'm not sure about it all, but I'd love to make something like that and share here. This (Kiss the Vagina with Reason) is my first track here and was arranged, composed, recorded, mixed and mastered within 2 days, so I believe it's far from what I'd consider "ideal" and it's certainly not my "opus magnum". :D

vurt
addled muppet weed
53274 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 am

cant believe my drumming isnt getting more love!
and after i shaved for the filming too :(

wagtunes
KVRAF
17436 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:32 am

vurt wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 am
Your drumming is fine Vurt. People are just jealous that you're a star now.

vurt
addled muppet weed
53274 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:33 am

wagtunes wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:32 am
vurt wrote:
that makes more sense, thanks 8)

Hink
Rad Grandad
29537 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:52 am

sorry Tom, I deleted that last nonsense
Albert Einstein may have been a genius but his brother Frank was a monster

V0RT3X
KVRAF
7730 posts since 4 Jul, 2012 from Alesia

Post Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:36 pm

bahaha this is gold.

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:14 pm

Hink wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:52 am
sorry Tom, I deleted that last nonsense
I'm sorry but what was deleted exactly, Hink? I'm serious, I didn't notice heh.
Last edited by ProfessionalTom on Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:17 pm

vurt wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:33 am
wagtunes wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:32 am
vurt wrote:
that makes more sense, thanks 8)
You and Wagtunes really are stars now. Like international or something. Maybe even intergalactic! :D

I have to call to my friends from Orion's Belt to confirm that.

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:17 pm

V0RT3X wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:36 pm
bahaha this is gold.
Thank you :)

ProfessionalTom
KVRian

Post Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:21 pm

And here's a fun fact about a song: All "vocals" in this song were recorded with this kind of microphone :D.

You really don't need all these Shures and Rodes to rock this sh*t out!

Return to “Music Cafe”